3.13 BtS patch feature/fix discussion

Solver, will you keep making your unofficial patches for 3.13? You mentioned there were a few tweaks you had in mind yet, and we'd truly appreciate having them.

Thanks for all your amazing work. You're awesome :)

Solver, will you keep making your unofficial patches for 3.13? You mentioned there were a few tweaks you had in mind yet, and we'd truly appreciate having them.

Thanks for all your amazing work. You're awesome :)

I certainly hope it won't need an unofficial patch anymore to fix the bugs :)

I'd love to release some AI tweaks in the future, but there the main question is whether my coding ability which be up to it, which is actually doubtful.

Oh really? That is cool, not something I have come to expect from most games' patches, haha. Well then I guess it was a good time for the patch :p

Weekend saved!

(If just Kael could upload ...)

solver do you think you could put the blitz promo in for ships, thats been forgotten it seems!

I have re-installed the patch and my missing blitz problem has been fixed, so ignore the last comment, why it did'nt install properly first time round is a real mystery

You should be able to load old saves with 3.13.

I will cross-post this in the GOTM threads too.

Does this patch alter either Vanilla or Warlords (as BTS did)?
I have downloaded (eagerly) thru the game and patched - work nicely.

BUT, went to open my GOTM save in Vanilla and now it says it's "protected" and will NOT open? Oops :(
Any ideas?

Just started up a test game and wow the AI is MUCH better at defending itself early. They build lots of units and seem to focus on chariots obviously to severely nerf the axeman rush.... hrmmm

I don't like this change:
Removed ugly glance tab from Foreign Advisor
It may have been ugly, but I still liked to use it. Now how do I find out who likes who?

I don't like this change:

It may have been ugly, but I still liked to use it. Now how do I find out who likes who?

I haven't tried the patch yet, but did they really absolutely remove the tab? I really liked it, too.

Anyways, I'm happy the rest of the patch is out. I can't wait to play again.

Just started up a test game and wow the AI is MUCH better at defending itself early. They build lots of units and seem to focus on chariots obviously to severely nerf the axeman rush.... hrmmm

maybe also to finally make us build spears

maybe also to finally make us build spears

Hmm. When I was warring with Catherine tonight I did notice she was using a lot of horse archers. On several occasions her attacking stacks were made of just horse archers, catapults and one or two chariots. It's really weird. But the net result was that I for once was building more spears than axes overall.

Come to think of it, I hardly saw any axes at all. And it was not because she didn't have a metal since she used a few swordsmen occasionally too.

This patch rules! My animation was all . .. .. .. .ed up before. Now its fixed. My game doesn't crash. I can now play ALL the scenarios. Thank you firaxis!

Top Bottom