3.19 Consequences

Ahriman

Tyrant
I'm assuming 3.19 will break this mod.

Will it be simple to update this mod to 3.19 compatability? Is that something that might happen in the near future?

That is an interesting question. I am not sure how extensive the XML changes in 3.19 are. I briefly read the announcement thread but I have not downloaded it yet.

The easiest thing to do is highly likely to break. Just install it after the 3.19 patch and see what happens. I imagine it will just crash, or play weirdly. But who knows, maybe it will be OK.

The second easiest thing to do is to install Fury Road, and then delete Fury Road/assets/cvgamecoredll.dll. (I mean, move it to a safe area so you can put it back if you need it.) This gets rid of the custom C++ code of Fury Road. This will probably work, assuming there are no incompatible XML changes. Only a small bit of the behavior of Fury Road comes from the C++; you will find that all units get fast road movement speed instead of just the vehicles. This is minor, and it might work.

If that generates bunch of weird xml or python errors, then there is no recourse but to recompile the dll with 3.19. I have actually never compiled the dll at all. The only change between the vanilla dll, and the Fury Road dll, is that Fury Road contains the JRouteNative mod by Jeckel at this link. The changed source code is at this link. So some sdk person would have to merge his mod into 3.19 and recompile. Then everything ""should work"".

I am not sure when/if I will have a chance to update to 3.19 and try the first two experiments, but I know I cannot do the recompilation. I would need a volunteer for that.

I'm holding off on 3.19 myself until someone else tests and fixes all these problems ;-)

That is an interesting question. I am not sure how extensive the XML changes in 3.19 are. I briefly read the announcement thread but I have not downloaded it yet.

There are next to no xml changes.

CIV4PromotionInfos.xml : UNITCOMBAT_ARMOR was removed from PROMOTION_BARRAGE1 - 3

CIV4UnitInfos.xml : UNITCLASS_CUIRASSIER gains <bIgnoreBuildingDefense>1</bIgnoreBuildingDefense>

The rest is text corrections.

Another poster has confirmed that removing the dll allows the mod to work under 3.19. I will see if I can find a volunteer to update the dll to 3.19; the only difference is that without the dll, animals can use road movement.

Actually, I did it, but there is a funny problem. See this thread for details. The funny lighting effect makes it almost unplayable. I have not been able to come up with any solid reason for this to happen.

Top Bottom