3.19 patch, shall we all do it together?

Elkad

Emperor
Well, 3.19 is up. Appears to mostly be full of stuff from the unofficial patch versions.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=323831

Since those have very little effect on pitboss games, can we get a common agreement when to patch our servers?

Reasons to delay.
The steam version isn't even up yet.
Some people will invariably end up using roundabout methods like carrying files home from work on a thumbdrive, or waiting for their friend in another country to mail them a CD.
Mods (NoScore, 40civ, etc) will need to be adjusted
So we probably shouldn't be in any great hurry.

I propose Saturday, 20 June as a projected Pitboss Patch Day.

I'd like to also say that I'm in no way trying to force every game to patch. Some mods may not be fixable. Save game compatibility might break. Some people just may not like the changes (overflow cash change, for one).

I'm just trying to get everyone to agree to NOT patch for a few days. By agreeing to not patch before a mutually decided date, we give time to investigate and discuss these potential issues, and hopefully avoid things like being forced to reinstall because you patched and your game didn't, so you can't even take your turns.

Will patch when RoM works with the patch....since the 2.7 version is in beta and it isn't slated to work with 3.19 it will probably be a while before I upgrade my BtS. I might have to look into multiple installs of BtS.

Well things like the overflow bug are really annoying.

I'd be fine with patching if people included the unofficial fixes or something.

Top Bottom