3 ways to improve the AI in the next patch

I don't know if this happens in higher difficulties (or in Gods and Kings), but I've noticed in the past few Emperor and King vanilla games that I've played that the AI sporadically does something with their damaged ranged units other than attack, move, or heal.

I know they didn't attack, because my units were the only ones around, and my units didn't suffer any damage.

I know they didn't heal, because their health was the same as when I ended my turn.

I suppose it's possible that the AI unit moved in one direction, and then moved back to its original hex in the same turn. If that is indeed the case, perhaps the AI can be modified to refrain from doing the Hokey Pokey with its units.

Another small thing that I think would improve the AI is to include roads in the CS Worder AI improvement queue regardless of whether it has requested to be connected to another civ's capital or not. This would allow an allied AI civ to be able to use the City State as a viable invasion and transportation route, much like how human players do already.

Finally, I think that tweaking the AI to be far more generous with offering GPT compared to lump sums (or conversely, making the AI be extremely stingy when offering lump sum as opposed to GPT) would make it more difficult for human players to bleed a civ's treasury dry right before declaring war.

Top Bottom