3D single era anim. LH: Queen Hilda of the Fynn Alliance

DJ Bonebraker

a.k.a Laura
Well, I've finally gotten around to adding the two factions from Final Fantasy II to the ol' mod, and I've finished the LH for the Fynn alliance first (next up is Emperor Paramekia of the evil Paramekian Empire).

Updated 15 APR 07 with better dress (old one had geometry problems) and textures.

Anyways, get your files here:

Downlaod:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=366&act=down

Preview:

Civ Info:

Fynn Alliance; Noun = Fynns Adjective = Fynnish

Leader = Queen Hilda

Fav Govt: Democracy

Shunned Govt: Communism

Aggro: 3

Traits: Ind, Sea, Sci
Start Techs: Masonry, Metal Working, Wood working

MGL: Gareth, Firion, Gus, Josef, Leon, Aaglo

SGL: Cid, Gordon, Leila, Maria, Mindu, Pavel, Scott

Cities:

Fynn Castle
Altair
Bafsk
Deist Castle
Kasion
Gatrea
Poft
Salamand
Salam Forest
Semitt Mines
Mysidia Cave
Altea
Kashuon
Kashu Forest
Black Mask Cave
Palm Beach
Forest Camp
Tropical Island

Glad you guys like her.... The original 8-bit graphics and Nomura concept art weren't much to go on, so I just decided to wing it a bit with this LH....d

And this is my way of thanking Aaglo for his (unintentional) contributions to the mod (since he is Fynnish... er I mean Finnish, I decided to add him to the MGL list because of all the units he made that are in the mod)

:lol: Mirc, why do you like that last city so much? Is that where you live?

Hikaro Takayama said:
:lol: Mirc, why do you like that last city so much? Is that where you live?
:D :D :D I wish... Unfortunately there are no palm trees in Romania. :sad: But I'll do my best to get there someday! :D I collected lots of pics and I'm even making a tropical interface for Civ3. :D I will get there someday!!!

Well, if you like Palm trees, then I can help you out a bit... I'm growing 3 different types of palms and 2 types of Palm-like plants in my frigid USDA Zone 6b locale (winter minimum temps are usually between -18 and -20 degrees Centigrade), and all of these have been proven survivors for these temps.

They are the Florida Needle Palm (Rhapidophyllum hystrix), which can take tempereatures down to -23 C with no damage, Mc Curtain County form of the Dwarf Palmetto (Sabal minor 'Mc Curtain'), which can take temps down to -24 C with no damage, and the Kuamon Palm (Trachycarpus takil), which can take temps down to -20 C with no damage.

The Palm like plants are the New Zealand Cabbage Tree (Cordyline australis), which can take temps down to about -18 C with little or no damage, and the roots are hardy to at least -24 C, and the Weeping Yucca (Yucca recurvifolia), which can easily survive temps to -25 C.

For more information, here's a non-profit website about growing palms and other unusual plants in Colorado Springs, Colorado:

http://homes.aol.com/__121b_hIpepPnSdzqYsmRS2Vd7AaTT2Zy73D3nTVYLzfZSRQQ=

Here's one about palm trees being grown in Bulgaria:

http://www.polarpalm.net/

I can't believe that palm trees grow in Bulgaria! WTF, they tried to plant them on the black sea coast, in Romania, at about 70 km north from the border with Bulgaria, and they died in late November this year!
Nice sites!

Why wouldn`t palm trees grow in Bulgaria? They grow in Croatia too. And no, I don`t mean the Adriatic coast area ;)

Whooops, got a bit carried away there, forgot what I came in here for - The LH is great, Hikaro, fits with your other ones quite nicely! Very Final Fantastical :)

Mirc said:
I can't believe that palm trees grow in Bulgaria! WTF, they tried to plant them on the black sea coast, in Romania, at about 70 km north from the border with Bulgaria, and they died in late November this year!
Nice sites!

They must have used the wrong type of palms.... look up the European Palm Society or Souteast Palm Society (US) for a listing of Hardy palms.... Some of the palms I described have been grown successfully in Cincinatti and Oxfor Ohio for YEARS with little or no trouble, and there is a large 35+ year old Needle Palm growing in sunny, subtropical ( :lol: ) Washington DC, in the National Arboretum....

And boy did this thread ever get off topic :lol:

Looks good, Hikaro.:) Her dress/blouse thing looks really amazing. I like the beatup pcx alot as well.:)

Incredible detail on the blouse. :thumbsup: She's much prettier when happy than angry. ;)

Very nice, Hikaro. :)

Ooops, didn't notice the date, sorry for the bump.

Yeah, but a bump nonetheless. I guess it's pretty cool, though.

BTW, is that part of the lyrics of U2's "New Year's Day" in your sig? I really like the bass intro in that song.

Top Bottom