[Vote] (4-06) Proposal: Global Commandments - Remove host bonus, stronger proposal pass bonus

Approval Vote for Proposal #6 (instructions below)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stalker0

Baller Magnus
Voting Instructions
Players, please cast your votes in the poll above. Vote "Yea" if you'd be okay if this proposal was implemented. Vote "Nay" if you'd be okay if this proposal wasn't implemented.

You can vote for both options, which is equivalent to saying "I'm fine either way", but adds to the required quorum of 10 votes in favor.

All votes are public. If you wish, you can discuss your choice(s) in the thread below. You can change your vote as many times as you want until the poll closes.

VP Congress: Session 4, Proposal 6
Proposal:
Change the reformation belief Global Commandments:

+15% faster religious spread (+30% with printing press). Gain +350 science, culture, gold, faith, and golden age points when you pass a proposal in the world congress, era scaling.

Rationale: Currently GC's strength is heavily influenced by your ability to found the WC, to the point where there is a night and day difference in strength if you are unable to found, because it takes so long before you can try to become host again in most games. This version removes the host bonus in favor of a stronger proposal pass bonus, which you have more control over. The current value of 350 assumes 20 turns of the old host bonus (20 * 10 + 150 = 350), so early on you are getting the same bonus as if you founded the WC and pass your proposals (though delayed, so its actually a little weaker). The bonus does gets stronger than before once the WC becomes shorter than 20 turns, which I think is fine as other reformations tend to have solid late game scaling and this bonus requires continuous and active effort, versus other reformations that simply work all the time non-stop.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's true that if you can't found the WC or lose the Speakership afterwards, this reformation belief become very underwhelming. But you could argue it makes the belief spicier and exciting. Do you gamble or not if you pick it before you secure the WC? Do you have to commit hard to remain Host every new era?

From my experience it is both exciting and frustrating, so I'm not opposed to your proposal per se but I'd say it makes for a safer, more boring and arguably easier Reformation belief (since it's much easier even if you don't play the diplo game to pass proposals with little delegates if you chose non divisive ones).

I have used GC a lot recently and I like it the way it is. Passing stuff in the council is often either pure gamble or kinda gamey or both, it would feel really bad to need to push in all your money on those wild events and have nothing in the form of consistent yields to hold you over. In contrast even on Deity at the time you reform if you beeline Printing Press and have good science you can often be almost sure of founding, or even sometimes you get PP before you reform if you're lazy about it.

Also the thing about WC speaker votes is that they are much less random than the proposals in a way. People very often vote for themselves, so just having a majority of votes is strong insurance. Right now it's a good belief for Statecraft in particular because of that and that's how I like it.

Proposal sponsored by Legen.

Picking beliefs for your religion is based on short term and long term investments.
Problem is, that for the late game, the long term investments pay off way more, and many of the beliefs are far too circumstantial, like the one that requires you to mostly have other beliefs in your city, that means you are basically accepting another religion as your religion and you can say bye bye to buying the buildings and units your faith has.

I like this proposal because it places a lot of incentive on the strategic element of passing your proposal (vote trading and whatnot). The passive bonus is less interesting and can be difficult to obtain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom