Approval Vote for Proposal #51

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pineappledan

Deity
Voting Instructions
Players, please cast your votes in the poll above. Vote "Yea" if you'd be okay if this proposal was implemented. Vote "Nay" if you'd be okay if this proposal wasn't implemented.

You can vote for both options, which is equivalent to saying "I'm fine either way", but adds to the required quorum of 25 votes in favor.

All votes are public. If you wish, you can discuss your choice(s) in the thread below. You can change your vote as many times as you want until the poll closes.

VP Congress: Session 5, Proposal 51

Proposal:
Add a new promotion for the Recon line:

Screening
Requires Survivalism III or Trailblazer III
Unit is Counted twice for Flanking bonuses.
+10% Flanking Bonus

Rationale
Essentially, the scout unit cant pick this promotion to get the a Skirmisher bonus
Recon units don't have a lot of promotions, and they could use a bonus for additional combat utility.

Last edited by a moderator:
how does this interact with the spanish Conquistador which gets Overrun? seems pretty absurd if you can get a 200%+ flanking bonus from 3 scouts

Units do not benefit from their own double counting, it only affects other units.
It would work the same as if a melee unit had overrun, and was attacking an enemy unit with 2 adjacent friendly units

The +10% flanking bonus would affect themselves though, so a Conquistador would have +35% flanking bonus. If it was attacking a unit that is being flanked by 2 other conquistadors with Screening, that would be equivalent to 4 normal units.

I can sponsor. double flanking was added as a promotion special ability a while back (credit to @Rekk for the heavy lifting on that)

This proposal would give ExtraFlankPower = 1 (like skirmisher doctrine) and FlankAttackModifier=10 (like shock)
They are two separate abilities.

I still wish we have a column that provides FlankAttackModifier to other flanking units. It'll make Encirclement more thematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom