4.30 Maritime Bug

Gamewizard

Emperor
Playing 4.30, I allied with a maritime city-state and received no food bonus. I had only my capital at the time. Became friends with a different maritime and again no food bonus.

Also, when hovering over the food info in city view I get a couple of TXT_KEY lines, I believe one of the lines refers to the policy bonus from the second Tradition policy.

I played a game last night where I had three cities and it worked just fine, so that may have been a problem with having only your capital.

As you know, I had the same bug as Gamewizard. It seems fixed now with the new patch... although shouldn't my capital have the beer stein icon (with 4 MCS alliances)?

I add the food manually at the end of each turn instead of altering the tile under the city, because... hmmmm.... just had an idea... :lol:

The reason I don't alter the actual yield of the city tile is I doubt it can handle decimal places.

However! I could round the value and put that on the base tile, then deal with the decimal separately. It's show the effect on the tile and eliminate the sound effect that plays when it thinks the city's starving. The downside is it's somewhat complicated in terms of code, because of how it needs to update whenever the food value changes (estimate 10-15 hours' work). It'd only be an aesthetic change... so not as high a priority as updating gameplay for the patch, but I'll put it on my todo list for later. :)

I add the food directly instead of altering the tile under the city, because... hmmmm.... I just had a good idea... :lol:

The reason I don't alter the actual yield of the city tile is I doubt it can handle decimal places. However! I could theoretically round the value and put that on the base tile, then deal with the decimal manually. It'd be crazy-complicated in terms of code, but I think by doing this I could eliminate the starvation issue. I'll put it on my todo list for when I feel up to the task. :)

Put it at the very bottom of your to-do list! I only mentioned the beer stein because I thought it might have been an error that could have some other consequence.

I'm glad to hear I wasn't the only one! Thanks for the fix, keep up the excellent work! Firaxis should be ashamed of themselves considering all you manage to get done ON YOUR SPARE TIME! You the man Thal!

Top Bottom