• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

4,99$ For Babylon

:confused:
Just use Piece Of Mind's mod and you're sorted, free of charge, right now.
...Or do you actually care about those laughable Steam Achievements? "Use a promotion". "Win the game on a Standard Map". "Fully explore Honor Policy Tree"... :rolleyes:

I love achievements, and only because I also have Half-Life 2 Orange Box aswell...

we will see this extra... Then i will know who i have to bash (you), just in case;)

PS if you were in beta, are you feeling responsable for the crappy game they delivered? It's a serious question, about the role of testers....

You buy it and dislike it, bash yourself.

Testers are testers, just that. We played a role in design discussions; Sometimes we were listened to, sometimes not (for better, as well as worse). More I cannot say because of the NDA.

I personally wasn't too active at first, I focused most of my time on Rise from Erebus.

I assume Valkrionn is referring to the scenario that is outlined in this pic:
Spoiler :

It certainly sounds interesting.

Yes I am. Like I said, best game of civ I've played in a long time. That might just be that the mongols are fun to play though. :lol:

I hope that you are wrong, he's speaking as if the extra is some worth of, not a idiotic scenario....

The extra is a scenario, yes. A very well made scenario, that features the civ in the DLC and plays to it's strengths. What else would you expect? A new mechanic? Can't be done via DLC.

I hate DLC and have never bought any for any game, and probably never will purely on principle.
DLC has always been free, and this civ would have been free up to 5 years ago.
I'm going to stand my ground and hope eventually enough people do the same.

However in this case, it's not a bad thing - It's not a game breaker not having this civ.
If you like to have more civs, then it's probably worth it.

The only problem I have with it is that companies often release DLC that you HAVE to buy or you can barely play the game anymore.
It's common place these days, mostly with consoles gladly. (CoD:MW2 mappack anyone? lol).

Just a thought : TBS never were profitable enougth, just count how many tbs developpers still exist nowadays, they all faded away or got bought away. So 2K is just trying to make cash out of a genre which have apparently been giving too much to the customer for too few profit.

Well, if only they would give up on shiny graphics.... Any other game type I buy is light years ahead anyway...... Well, the 3d map is nice, sure. Just totally not needed !

Side question : is their a way to turn on the 2d map by default ?

I hate DLC and have never bought any for any game, and probably never will purely on principle.
I'm going to stand my ground and hope eventually enough people do the same.

However in this case, it's not a bad thing - It's not a game breaker not having this civ.
If you like to have more civs, then it's probably worth it.

The only problem I have with it is that companies often release DLC that you HAVE to buy or you can barely play the game anymore.
It's common place these days, mostly with consoles gladly. (CoD:MW2 mappack anyone? lol).

There will never be a purchased DLC that is required to play the game (unless you count an expansion that way :lol:). At least not this game.

Just a thought : TBS never were profitable enougth, just count how many tbs developpers still exist nowadays, they all faded away or got bought away. So 2K is just trying to make cash out of a genre which have apparently been giving too much to the customer for too few profit.

Well, if only they would give up on shiny graphics.... Any other game type I buy is light years ahead anyway...... Well, the 3d map is nice, sure. Just totally not needed !

Side question : is their a way to turn on the 2d map by default ?

Love how first you say there aren't enough customers, then complain about the graphics that help draw in customers... :p

And I do not know. If you can, I would do the same; I play on a laptop, so Strategy View is far faster and is how I play the game.

People really buy civ 5 for graphics ? I need to rest....

So if you were in beta we can blame you for the crappy condition of the game.

My brain is going to go find a corner and DIE now. SERIOUSLY he can make suggestions but nobody ever said they had to listen, and they could not have told us because of NDAs.

Yeah, yep. That's how it works, alright. Your grasp of logic sure is, um, tenuous.

Here is an extract of their secret pact with 2K/Firaxis :

-"In exchange of the extreme honor of playing civ 5 beta, you'll be charged with any and all discrepancies, bugs and flaws found in the game. You'll also be designed as a prime target for angry mobs and terrorists."

-"In exchange of the extreme honor of playing civ 5 beta, you'll be charged with any and all discrepancies, bugs and flaws found in the game. You'll also be designed as a prime target for angry mobs and terrorists."

Oh yeah! It's in the same article as the enumeration where beta players are required to sacrifice a virgin every new moon.

Oh yeah! It's in the same article as the enumeration where beta players are required to sacrifice a virgin every new moon.

You spoilled it !!! The Great Rite Of Great Game has to be a secret, or the game will stay a turd !

People, if the game is lame blame Crezth !!! He angered the gods in the face of civ 5 !!!

Burn the heretic !! and Betas !!

Yes. Because that is the way the world works.

Doesn't matter that I was not designing it, or that there are things I would (and will) do differently. Nor that my civ5 mod is the most popular balance mod currently... Noooope, I have no idea exactly what is wrong with the game, nor how to fix it, and of COURSE I'm not advocating certain changes to the devs. Of course not. Because that would only be the intelligent thing to assume.

People really buy civ 5 for graphics ? I need to rest....

Graphics help draw in new players. Existing civ players do not need such fancy graphics, but they certainly do draw in people who've never played civ before... Which is something that is needed, really.

:eek: How'd you find a copy?

:eekdance:

You buy it and dislike it, bash yourself.

Testers are testers, just that. We played a role in design discussions; Sometimes we were listened to, sometimes not (for better, as well as worse). More I cannot say because of the NDA.

I personally wasn't too active at first, I focused most of my time on Rise from Erebus.

The extra is a scenario, yes. A very well made scenario, that features the civ in the DLC and plays to it's strengths. What else would you expect? A new mechanic? Can't be done via DLC.

Ok so you were focused on a FFH2 mod for Civ IV testing Civ V and think that a scenario is a wonderful thing that made a DLC worth of something...

I have my answer.... Thanks:goodjob:

You spoilled it !!! The Great Rite Of Great Game has to be a secret, or the game will stay a turd !

People, if the game is lame blame Crezth !!! He angered the gods in the face of civ 5 !!!

Burn the heretic !! and Betas !!

The world is going to end now because of a video game. I knew this day would come.

Ok so you were focused on a FFH2 mod for Civ IV testing Civ V and think that a scenario is a wonderful thing that made a DLC worth of something...

I have my answer.... Thanks:goodjob:

When the scenario is done well, yes, it can be well worth the money.

You will pay as much for any random item that you buy over the course of your day. A few bottles of soda/water, a (small!) meal at a fast food place, whatever.

When a scenario costing the same amount can provide hours of entertainment... Yes, it becomes a good value.

If you don't want it, don't buy it. Noone is holding a gun to your head and forcing you. All I am saying is that I enjoyed playing even the early forms of the scenario, the finalized version that will be released is even better.

The world is going to end now because of a video game. I knew this day would come.

Somehow, I think we all did.

My Civ3 Conquests game came with 31 different civilizations to use. What's Civ5 got? 18? And they want one to pay $5 per civilization for any additional ones?:lol:

Your facts are wrong.

Civ 3 Conquests is AN EXPANSION PACK, it had about 18 or 14 civilizations, same with Civ 4.

So you must have pirated Warlords and BTS then, because those are DLC without the downloading.

That's the only way you could have gotten free DLC in Civ.

Top Bottom