[Vote] (5-27) Golden Age Removal Series: Remove GAP and Tourism From "All Yields"

Approval Vote for Proposal #27

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pineappledan

Deity
VP Congress: Session 5, Proposal 27

Problem:
Some abilities in the game say they give "All Yields", but what is given as "All Yields" is not consistent.
Some abilities include :c5goldenage: :tourism: as part of all yields, while some dont

Here are all the abilities that only give 6 yields as "All Yields" ( :c5food::c5production::c5gold::c5science::c5culture::c5faith:)
Mandir
Pagoda
Divine Inheritance
Throne Room
Natural Heritage Sites

This ability gives 7 yields as "All Yields" ( :c5food::c5production::c5gold::c5science::c5culture::c5faith: :c5goldenage:)
Moroccan UA

These abilities give 8 yields as "All Yields" ( :c5food::c5production::c5gold::c5science::c5culture::c5faith: :c5goldenage: :tourism:)
Statecraft opener
Transcendent Thoughts

Proposal:
Remove :c5goldenage: from Morocco's UA
Remove :c5goldenage: and :tourism: from Statecraft Opener and Transcendent Thoughts

Rationale:
The definition of All Yields is unclear and inconsistent. This will make it consistent
There are too many sources of :c5goldenage: GAP in the game, which is contributing to a problem of perpetual GAs in the late game. They make the GA system boring and uninteractive
GAPs should not be considered yields. They have no real world analogue like "Food". They are being distributed in the game carelessly as a filler yield. :c5happy: Happiness should be re-centered as the main source of Golden Ages.
This will also cut down slightly on sources of :tourism: tourism in the game. CV is still the most dominant victory path, so this will also help nerf that slightly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like the stealth nerfs given here, especially tourism when your main focus is GAP.

I am all for clarifying and codifying ALL yields. No issue with that at all.

But I don't see a reason to nerf various areas that people aren't calling for.

The Morocco UA could simply say: +1 to all yields (and tourism) per trade part.
Statecraft Opener: +1 to all yields (and tourism) in the capital for every 20 citizens in empire

As for cutting back the tourism.... artistry is the main CV play, not statecraft. Vern's stats are clear, the majority of CV wins are coming from artistry plays. We don't need to nerf statecraft's tourism in what amounts to a clarifying operation.

The thing being “stealthy” here are extra sources of :c5goldenage: and :tourism: where they don’t belong and aren’t described.

The :c5goldenage: and :tourism: are the weakest yields from these bonuses by far. It is a small nerf. I don’t think they do, but if Morocco/statecraft/transcendent thoughts need compensatory buffs then we can do that without secret “stealth” buffs.

Last edited:
The :c5goldenage: and :tourism: are the weakest yields from these bonuses by far. It is a small nerf. I don’t think they do, but if Morocco/statecraft/transcendent thoughts need compensatory buffs then we can do that without secret “stealth” buffs.
I don't understand why we need to nerf their tourism at all. Ok I get the GAP, you want to remove them, fair enough. But there is literally no reason to nerf the tourism. Its a few words added to the UA description....and done. You can have your cake and eat it too here, you can still make the All Yields description mean what you want it to mean, just add tourism to the description. Its literally that simple.

Okay, then counterpropose that.

I don’t think Morocco should keep the tourism. I don’t think they need it, and I don’t think it is a good bonus. I think that removing sources of tourism is also good, and accomplishes the goal of lowering CV potential, which is still the most dominant VC. But go ahead and make a proposal that gives Morocco ”All Yields and :tourism: Tourism for each unique trade partner”. Then we’ll see if the community prefers that.

Last edited:
Okay, then counterpropose that.

I don’t think Morocco should keep the tourism. I don’t think they need it, and I don’t think it is a good bonus. I think that removing sources of tourism is also good, and accomplishes the goal of lowering CV potential, which is still the most dominant VC. But go ahead and make a proposal that gives Morocco ”All Yields and :tourism: Tourism for each unique trade partner”. Then we’ll see if the community prefers that.
No need, just voting Nay on this is sufficient (changing text is a bugfix). Morocco UA doesn't have Tourism btw.

This should not be part of the GA Removal series. It's so minor that it doesn't affect GA frequency much, and the wording consistency is the main selling point.

Last edited:
You are correct. Morocco doesn't give :tourism: for its "All Yields"

So we have 4 things that give 6 yields as All Yields, 1 that gives 7, and 2 that give 8. It's even more inconsistent and confusing than I said it was.

I will amend the OP with that info

Last edited:
Does this impact Divine Inheritance? That one says "20% of capital yields", but I'm not actually sure what the yields are to be honest.

No impact on Divine Inheritance, It already only gives 6 yields as "All Yields" ( :c5food::c5production::c5gold::c5science::c5culture::c5faith:):
1690234542601.png

will add a mention of Divine Inheritance to the OP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom