5th Acorn Video Shows ACORN Worker Helping 'Pimp,' 'Prostitute'

I don't think that's evidence against 'big government', though, .Shane.
If lots of people get money, then that means that the government is big. It's bigger if it gives ACORN money.

Your statement is completely clueless.

You know who else gets money from the govt? Many or most people in this country. Private schools. Corporations. I could go on and on and on. The list is endless.

Exactly. You can go on & on Shane.
That is the problem. You can go 'On and on' with a list of people feeding at the government trough.

Thank you for seeing it.

So please tell me where I'm clueless.

I'll wait for it.

Thanks.

ACORN is just following thier librul agenda with pashion and spunk. Middle aged buisness men are going to have undrage sex with little boys/girls no matter what we do. Now they won't have to fly all the way to Thailand to do it. Thats hundreds of thousands of tons of carbon footprint saved.

I'm happy about your newfound appreciation for harm reduction, unfortunately nobody that actually advocates that way would call for it where there's a considerable victim. :) I enjoyed the post though. :goodjob:

So that means that US tax money should go to importing child hookers?

:lol: That's a bigger leap than bake sale abortion terrorism.

I don't think that's evidence against 'big government', though, .Shane.
If lots of people get money, then that means that the government is big. It's bigger if it gives ACORN money.

No it doesn't. A bigger government refers to the actual size of the government, that is, how many offices it has, how many bureaucracies it has, how many employees it has, and more significantly the power of the government compared to the other parts of the country. It doesn't refer to how much money it gives to people - you can have a government with a very limited set of powers and limited size give plenty of money to people. If it refers to size alone, then Myanmar is the shining non-anarchist example of a small government.

HiI'mWalt said:
Bill, I don't think I understand you.
Acorn gets government money.
That makes it 'Part of the government'.
No, it means that it is a private organization that receives federal money.

HiI'mWalt said:
Burma has a smaller budget than the US.
...which means that it is smaller by your own definition a "small government"

They have more videos, but won't release them for now. They said these 5 are enough for the people to digest.

Or it could be that they have gotten themselves into enough trouble as it is and don’t want to keep digging:

STATEMENT OF STATE’S ATTORNEYS OFFICE FOR BALTIMORE CITY RELATIVE TO THE ALLEGED BALTIMORE ACORN INCIDENT

Baltimore, MD – September 11, 2009 – We have received inquiries from citizens and the media asking whether the Baltimore City State’s Attorneys Office would initiate a criminal investigation for acts allegedly committed at ACORN offices located in Baltimore. The only information received in reference to this alleged criminal behavior was a YouTube video. Upon review by this office, the video appears to be incomplete. In addition, the audio portion could possibly have been obtained in violation of Maryland Law, Annotated Code of Maryland Courts and Judicial Proceedings Article §10-402, which requires two party consent.

If it is determined that the audio portion now being heard on YouTube was illegally obtained, it is also illegal under Maryland Law to willfully use or willfully disclose the content of said audio. The penalty for the unlawful interception, disclosure or use of it is a felony punishable up to 5 years.

http://wbal.com/apps/news/templates/story.aspx?articleid=35357&zoneid=2

Not sure they would want to get up to 5 years for each additional video they release...

No it doesn't. A bigger government refers to the actual size of the government, that is, how many offices it has, how many bureaucracies it has, how many employees it has, and more significantly the power of the government compared to the other parts of the country. It doesn't refer to how much money it gives to people - you can have a government with a very limited set of powers and limited size give plenty of money to people. If it refers to size alone, then Myanmar is the shining non-anarchist example of a small government.

No, it means that it is a private organization that receives federal money.

...which means that it is smaller by your own definition a "small government"
Clearly, you're still paying attention to this thread, but you never responded to my last post. Are you planning on doing so? I'd really appreciate it if you would. :)

So let's ignore that video, for the moment - there's still four other offices that apparently have no problem helping set up brothels for minors. So I ask you, Bill - how many offices do they have to discover that are willing to assist in this kind of behavior before it's appropriate to say that they have serious institutional problems? How many before a federal investigation is appropriate? Why isn't four enough? You're focusing a lot on the fourth video, and ignoring the rest.

Well, my point was that the videos, as juicy as they are, don't provide anything more than anecdotal evidence toward the assertion that ACORN is institutionally corrupt; all it can say is that ACORN has very low standards for hiring. I'm not saying that they are or are not corrupt from these videos, just that it's not good evidence towards the assertion.

...also, apparently publicly disclosing the evidence is illegal, so I don't think sticking with the videos is a wise idea.

Elrohir said:
You mean like having a chief organizer convicted of embezzling nearly a million dollars? (Which resulted in no criminal prosecution, and was kept secret from the executive board for eight years - and the guy who covered it up is still with ACORN. Oh yeah, and the guy who embezzled the money was his brother....) Or removing members of ACORN's national board of directors for seeking access to financial records, and trying to gauge the extent of the corruption within the organization?
Yes, precisely. That deserves investigation, funding removals, etc; that's genuine institutional corruption.

Top Bottom