[DLL] (6-21) Block Resource Trading if No Trade Route With a Civ Is Possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would really punish landlocked civs. The way this usually happens is a civ has a large chunk of cities conquered and they are left as a tiny rump state in the middle of their continent. With this proposal they would also probably not be able to trade with anyone except the civs that took all their cities in the first place.
Needs a diplomatic “allow aid to…” that lets you trade with a civ through another civs trade range.

Needs a diplomatic “allow aid to…” that lets you trade with a civ through another civs trade range.
Overcomplicated and unfun, IMO. I don't get how this proposal improves the gameplay.

This would really punish landlocked civs. The way this usually happens is a civ has a large chunk of cities conquered and they are left as a tiny rump state in the middle of their continent. With this proposal they would also probably not be able to trade with anyone except the civs that took all their cities in the first place.
this is a good point, would make a bad situation worse. It would be somewhat realistic though, i enjoy that aspect.

...maybe in addition to OP, player can also trade with any civ with whom a friend can make trade route -- DoF already exists, nothing new needed, and then there will be a diplomatic solution to these landlocked civs -- though this might water down the intended effect of OP.

Alternatively, allow a civ to access any trade partners available to the recipients of its actual trade routes -- ie player can trade with anyone with whom TR is possible, AND access this same trade gating mechanism as applied to its actual TR-destination-civs: land locked and want resource trade access to overseas civs? send TR to coastal civ and gain access to its potential trade partners. Perhaps a little complex, but might add some nice depth to how all this trading ties together.

Last edited:
This feels like modmod territory to me : it warps the economic balance too much, and I don't know how the AI would be able to deal with efficiently without requiring hard work on that front too.

This feels like modmod territory to me
afaik there is no way to accomplish this currently via modmod... could be wrong

just in the hopes that a dev sees this, from earlier in the thread:
can we get a lua Test function that calls when game is checking if resources can be traded? something like GameEvents.PlayersCanTradeResource(iPlayerA, iPlayerB, iResource), allowing modder to return 'false' and override trade eligibility per resource?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom