[Vote] (6-48) Make Jungle on Grassland Viable on Other Mapscripts That Use Default Feature Generation

Include in VP?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops, I seem to have changed the chance of converting grassland jungles to (1 - (1 - featurePercent) ^ 2) some time ago.
featurePercent is 0.30 right now in normal rainfall, so it would be 51% chance of converting.
It's higher chance in Wet maps, so the map isn't entirely flooded with 3 :c5food: tiles.

Whether FeatureGenerator should also follow rainfall is your decision. Not every map has rainfall option, and rainfall might not affect terrain/feature generation in every map.

Oops, I seem to have changed the chance of converting grassland jungles to (1 - (1 - featurePercent) ^ 2) some time ago.
featurePercent is 0.30 right now in normal rainfall, so it would be 51% chance of converting.
It's higher chance in Wet maps, so the map isn't entirely flooded with 3 :c5food: tiles.

Whether FeatureGenerator should also follow rainfall is your decision. Not every map has rainfall option, and rainfall might not affect terrain/feature generation in every map.
What is the actual function? Can you show me which line? So that I could replicate it when implementing it.

What is the actual function? Can you show me which line? So that I could replicate it when implementing it.
Search Plot_AddMainFeatures.
Are Grassland and Plains generation affected by rainfall? If so, then I don't need to account for rainfall since it would follow the amount of Grassland on the map without specifying it on the code.
I have no idea what vanilla MapGenerator does. Likely very simple.

I sponsor this.

Yeah I think implementing this is a good move, for consistency. So that jungle can be properly balanced. Once jungle is equally terrible on all maps, it will be much easier to make adjustments.

I still don't understand why 3 food tiles, in a region that already has a plethora of food, is desirable. If anything, Communitu should change back to how it works in standard map scripts.

There are proposals that balance Ivory placement on the map by allowing them to appear on Jungle on Grassland. But there's no Jungle on Grassland for maps outside of Communitu_74a so that proposal doesn't make sense and needs amendment.

If some of you don't like this proposal, then ask @azum4roll to remove Jungle on Grassland on Communitu_74a. I just want to make this behavior consistent across many map scripts.
That proposal was meant to be mapscript agnostic. We can allow for a thing to happen even if it never happens in the core game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom