(6-WD) Remove Bandeirantes and Comanche Rider from city state gift pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barna1

Chieftain
Rationale: a single unit of Bandeirantes can result in thousands of science, culture and gold in the mid-game, far exceeding the yields obtained from any city state alliance. The problem is that it's a unique unit which you don't need more than one or two of, so you're basically getting the entire benefit from Brazil's UU. There's a similar problem with Comanche Riders generating science. The situation is much less problematic for Comanche Riders, because you need to be at war and in theory it might even die (although it's a very safe unit), but it still has the potential to generate thousands of science from a single CS unit gift so I think it's cleaner to remove that as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe in this case a better idea is to remove all civ specific units from the pool? Only standard ones

Maybe in this case a better idea is to remove all civ specific units from the pool? Only standard ones
What do you mean by "civ specific"? If we leave non-civ units, then we have only 10 of them and with MUC we have only 5 left. I thought about adding few more in UCS, to expand the pool, but it's a ton of work which in the case when we use "civ" UUs is not as that necessary.

What do you mean by "civ specific"? If we leave non-civ units, then we have only 10 of them and with MUC we have only 5 left. I thought about adding few more in UCS, to expand the pool, but it's a ton of work which in the case when we use "civ" UUs is not as that necessary.
I meant removing all the UU... The pool could be only made from regular units that any civ can build. Like Commanche are UU from Shoshones and Bandeiras UU from Brazil and so on

I meant removing all the UU... The pool could be only made from regular units that any civ can build. Like Commanche are UU from Shoshones and Bandeiras UU from Brazil and so on
That's stripping whole ability from its uniqueness. If this were to be done, then the pool of special CS units should be extended (add some new friends to Sipahi).

They can't gift Recon units, and one Comanche isn't a problem (there's only so much one unit can pillage).

why is this marked complex? this is a simple boolean you can add to these units with existing code.

Just make sure you use NoMinorCivGift instead of NoMinorGifts (blocked by mod option). Why are there two columns that do the same thing?

Half of the premise of this proposal is invalid anyway.

They can't gift Recon units, and one Comanche isn't a problem (there's only so much one unit can pillage).
Are you sure? I definitely got Bandeirantes before from a city state, but it's possible that the Community Events modmod made this possible somehow (the Comanche was without modmods).

They can't gift any unit with default unit AI = UNITAI_EXPLORE.
Conquistadors can be gifted though since they are UNITAI_FAST_ATTACK.

So what is the current state? This proposal should be ammended because Bandeirantes cannot be gifted by the CS? So the only one left for the debate is Comanche Raider? What is the current ability of a Comanche Raider (there's no info in the op). What is the problematic part?

If it was just some weird interaction with the events modmod and Bandeirantes normally can't be gifted, then maybe I should withdraw this proposal because the Comanche is much less problematic and I don't want to flood the congress with minor issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom