6otM 01 - After Actions

Science Victory Turn 227 - 1580 AD

- How many cities did you settle or capture?
20 cities total, 5 of them captured, details and benchmarks in the recap.

- What did you prioritize for research and policies?
Industrialization, Chemistry, Rocketry
Initial build order was scout-builder-slinger

- Zen meditation, Tithe, Holy order and Mosque were religious choices, faith helped me recruited many GP during the game

- How much warring did you do? Was it effective in supporting your Science objective?
My continent only

- Were City-States helpful?
Yes, I prioritize scouting and found every useful CS long before the game ended

- Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it?
Each time Ive started a new session, barbarians spawned like crazy. In like 5-6 turns all have settled. I wonder if the game is programmed to give you some "challenges" each playing session, or it was these many consequences.

- Did you enjoy the game?
Yep, it was fun. It was my first science victory, only cultural France games I finished so far :)

Spoiler Recap and benchmarks :

Turn 33 – lost a slinger to barbarian horseman
Turn 43 – declared a formal war on Egypt
Turn 44 – lost an archer to barbarians while clearing Egypts warriors
Turn 48 – Classical republic
Turn 50 – won over Egypt, warrior + 3 archers rush
Turn 57 – 4 cities, found a religion: zen meditation, tithe
Turn 75 – 7 cities, apostle enhanced religion: Holy order
Turn 76 – both Saladin and Peter declared a formal war on us
Turn 86 – apostle enhanced religion: Mosques
Turn 98 – settled 8th city out of Arabian settler. 4 barbarian camps appeared in like 5 turns, pretty historical challenge!
Turn 106 – Catherine declared war on Kumasi, all camps are cleared, 1 turn from Mass production
Turn 125 – My caravel met Spain, Paris is under siege, government changed into Merchant republic
Turn 128 – We met China, we got Paris, our cities mostly are unhappy. We got 2 great merchants, prophet, 2 scientists and about to get first engineer. 8 out of 12 trade routes are online. Meanwhile Saladin still has his prophet in his capital.
Turn 129 – We met Germany, last French city is under siege, we are 2 turns from Industrialization, 2 turns from Diplomatic service
Turn 131 – France defeated, 12 cities accumulated
Turn 137 – Discovered Toronto, a 2nd industrial city-state; they ask for a religious conversion J
Turn 149 – Toronto converted, Rome started Forbidden City, Velitrae – Ruhr Valley
Turn 152 – Russia defeated, final wave of settlements have started with a captured Russian settler. Saladin still plays OCC, other AIs are in prehistoric age
Turn 156 – Forbidden city done by great engineer, another GE and GM recruited at once.
Turn 160 – Ruhr Valley done by another GE, last wave of expansion done. It turned out by their comments that China has Pious hidden agenda, Spain is a Money-Grabber and Germany is happiness addict.
Turn 161 – Chemistry researched, 17 cities online
Turn 169 – Turned 7 farms into neighbourhoods, profit! The best thing is you don’t have to finish them, you get cash right here and right now! We have low science though, 189 beakers per turn, researching Radio and Natural history.
Turn 174 – Arabia defeated, Saladin made it to turn 174 OCC with no districts and great prophet right in the only city alone with Mamluk. Such a shame on Firaxis AI developers.
Turn 180 – Rocketry researched, started 2 spaceports: 30 turns in Rome, 19 turns in Velitrae
Turn 187 – Communism came J 12 out of 14 trade routes are online in 20 happy cities.
Turn 194 – Recruited Adam Smith. Other GP rates are these: GE 59,6 per turn; GM 28,8 per turn; GS 27,7 per turn.
Turn 196 – Sattelite project started, 9 turns to go
Turn 203 – Sattelite launched, more trade routes out of Velitrae made it 7 turns! Now its Moon Landing, 11 turns. We still lack science for last projects…
Turn 204 – Pyramids is done. I was looking for a builder and found a city with a desert nearby. It took 2 turns to build an ancient era wonder.
Turn 208 – Oxford is done into free Robotics and Guidance systems techs
Turn 213 – We landed on the Moon, Mars habitation in 11 turns. Science is 715 per turn, culture is 212 per turn
Turn 216 – Mars Hydroponics project started in Rome, previously Rome got an encampment fully upgraded for the Integrated Space Cell policy
Turn 217 – Recruited a +20% space project GE. Next 2 GEs are giving amenities, which is a bit of unluck.
Turn 222 – Mars habitation module launched
Turn 226 – Mars reactor launched in Velitrae with the help of mr. Korolev
Turn 227 – Mars hydroponics launched in Rome, we won.

Attachments

• TRAJAN 227 1580 AD Scientific.Civ6Save
    1.5 MB · Views: 146
I lost my progress on that game. My fault for using mostly Quick Save and then running some tests for CQUI mod and using Quick Save again:wallbash:
I was really close to the end, finishing tech for the last module with 2 being built in my 2 Starport cities. I would probably have won around T300 so no big deal as i was far from the fastest wins.
Anyway
I think i had 8 self built at the end.
I put a high priority on production which probably let my science a bit low for a science game. I went all the way to Power Plants before some earlier techs like Banking that could have helped my economy. I never had a lot of money to rush buy things.
For policies, after Political Philosophy i went for Theology (finish my religion) then Feudalism, Exploration (Merchant Republic) then the civic for Neighborhoods then i went on free wheel.
- Did religion come into play in your game, please explain.
Yes, but i didn't choose correctly. I took Jesuit Education hoping to get fast campus buildings but couldn't buy many due to low faith output.
- How much warring did you do? Was it effective in supporting your Science objective?
I didn't attack anyone. I wanted to see if a peaceful game could be competitive. I had to defend a lot thought which was rather easy. Saladin refused to make peace for a very long time after his joint war, even when i approached him with 2 legions and started pillaging his OCC empire. Then finally i understood why when a large carpet of his chariots finally arrived at my borders to get slaughtered by crossbowmen and knights (i didn't prioritize military techs so i didn't have very advanced units)
I like city states.
Cleo didn't like me "converting" her cities. Actually she sent me Apostles and lost all battles to a point her own people lost faith in her religion but of course asked me to stop sending proselytizers even thought i never sent a single one:badcomp:. After this, of course i decided to get rid of her religious nuisance once and for all. Late in the game, she DoWed me so i took a couple cities, pillaged a lot of tiles, and returned the cities (minus one i razed as it ate some good hills from one of my starport cities).
It was a fun game overall. Start was pretty slow which probably impacted my timing. I made some sub-optimal choices (like that Jesuit Education). Too bad i lost my progress. I'll try to be more careful next time and remember not to use quick-save before i quit the game.

OOOPS, not sure how to navigate these new pages yet. Seemed to upload a blank page!
SCIENCE VICTORY TURN 262 (Score 764 Neville Chamberlain!)
Learned a lot and didn't make any glaring errors. Will try to post in more detail at later date.

Attachments

• TRAJAN 262 1755 AD.Civ6Save
    1.8 MB · Views: 167
Yay, I won!

The only time I was actually worried was early on in the Classical age when France and Russia did a joint war against me.

Thankfully, the AI is terrible at invasion! (I mean, great for the Roman empire but not so great for a challenging game). Because the AI just durdled around with their mass of warriors, I was able to pick them off with archers. Managed to outright conquer both France and Russia. Of course, got denounced by Cleopatra and Saladin for being a warmonger even though I was attacked first.

There were two more times that the AI decided to suicide attack me. Once by Saladin during the renaissance age and once by Cleopatra during the industrial/modern age. The last one was really laughable. She was attacking me with crossbowman, horseman and swordsman. I rolled over everything with freakin tanks! C'mon!

Nerd rage aside, it was satisfying to take over most of the continent (and even put one little city south of the Germans on the other continent). Had about 12-15 cities near the end. My main producers were churning out 100-110 "hammers" (do we still call them that?) giving about 15-20 turns for Space projects. Actually managed to complete the three mars projects all on the same turn (By Paris, Yaroslavl and St. Petersburg).

Oh, one last laugh! Just for fun, I built some nukes and decided to do a little "testing" on a barbarian village (hey, they're going to rape my sheep and pillage my women, right?). Turns out the AI doesn't like nukes no matter what. Next turn I was denounced by EVERYONE. Hahahahahahahaha!

Game save attached (one turn after victory).

Attachments

• TRAJAN 324 1903 AD.Civ6Save
    2 MB · Views: 172
Science Vic on T187 with score 924
Aaargh, I should have focused a bit more in the end....

Science victory T187, score 827.

Does score act as a tiebreaker? Also, if the spaceship launches between turns, which turn counts? Mine launched after pressing end turn T186, but attaching save here where it has already left for Mars.

I messed up the endgame quite badly. I focused too heavily on science and was way too optimistic regarding great people generation. I was done teching t166, but even though all my cities had been spamming district projects for quite a while by then, I was far from the information era scientists. This was in part because I didn't expect the tech pace to be quite that fast, and also because I was lagging badly behind in culture and was still a long way from Democracy when I started spamming the projects. The fast tech pace really threw me off. Everything happened 20 turns earlier than expected, which messed up all timings. Then I got frustrated by how slow GP generation is and mainly pressed end turn the last 20 turns.

In the end I did get all information era scientists but didn't get the engineers that give +100% or +1500 production.

Overall in this game I did my best to avoid all exploits. I even refrained from chopping into ancient or classical era units to avoid the God of the Forge/overflow bug. Mainly I wanted to get a feel for how production plays out if they fix the known issues.

I think 18-19 cities towards the end. Captured my own continent, settled one city on the other continent to send a trade route to Geneva for a quest.

After early worker techs, beeline factories and power plants, then through Chemistry to rocketry. Tech lower part of tech tree while spaceport is being built.

I picked divine spark for pantheon, other than that I didn't care about religion at all. I didn't even tech Astrology until I had all techs for the mars modules. I still almost founded a religion by capturing a holy site from Catherine.

Conquered continent. This is a must for a fast win. I should have done it faster...

This game included all the city states I could ever wish for in a science victory! In addition to the city states on my continent, I also got quite early suzerain status with Toronto, Geneva and Zanzibar.

This was only the 2nd time I played a science victory to the end. The fast tech pace was most surprising. All atomic and information era techs were teched in 1 turn, even without eurekas. For some I had invested in getting the eureka, but that investment turned out to be a complete waste. I dealed with it badly. I should have noticed much earlier that I'm far ahead of schedule and adjusted my plans accordingly.

Yes. :)

Attachments

• TRAJAN 187 1260 AD Final.Civ6Save
    1.4 MB · Views: 196
Turn 243, didn't know anything about the exploits or even the ral mechanisc - my first Civ6 space race. Stopped research too soon, underutilised Great People, too late conquest, etc.

Attachments

• TRAJAN 243 1660 AD post launch.Civ6Save
    1.7 MB · Views: 223
elitetroops, great game! So even without game abuse it seems the best strategy for the longest type of victory (space) is spamming cities, improving mostly farms and mines and producing science. That tells a lot about balance and game testing) Great game again, will do my best to learn the new moves from it.

elitetroops, great game! So even without game abuse it seems the best strategy for the longest type of victory (space) is spamming cities, improving mostly farms and mines and producing science. That tells a lot about balance and game testing) Great game again, will do my best to learn the new moves from it.
Yes, lots of cities needed. I'm still not sure about how to balance farms and mines. Large cities need a lot of land, land is expensive. I didn't buy many tiles at all and my cities were all fairly small.

I tried a very minimalistic approach in this game. I only built campuses, industrial zones and commercial hubs. Not that many commercial hubs really, maybe 7-8. Then I built one encampent, one theatre square and one entertainment district, mainly for some Inspirations. No harbors (no Celestial Navigation) and no holy sites (only captured a few). In retrospect, a couple of early theater squares would have helped a lot. Especially with Stockholm and Divine Spark. I thought I'd be fine with free monuments, I wasn't. I'm still not sure about Entertainment complexes. Some more, with Zoos and Stadiums, could have helped, but it's expensive... Spaceport city would have benefit from an encampment as well, there just wasn't time for it as everything happened so early. My first pick for spaceport city didn't even have time to grow big enough to start building the spaceport in time, so I had to switch to another city in the last minute.

I only built 2 wonders. First one is a wonder I've never built before, because it looks underwhelming to me, but everybody keeps talking about how great it is so I figured I'd give it a shot and built it. The Forbidden City. I was underwhelmed, that was a waste of production. The second, Oxford, was even worse. It gave me Telecommunications and Guidance Systems, 2 techs I did not need. And even if it did give me something I needed, it wouldn't have helped at all in this game. Ruhr Valley would have been a lot better. I just didn't have time to build it before I had to build the spaceport. The main reason I didn't prioritize Ruhr Valley that much was that my plan all along was to build the space projects with great people. Ruhr Valley is the only modifier that doesn't apply to production from great people, nor does it apply to chops and harvesting. Also, for some reason they've set it to +20% production, not +30% as advertised.

Right now I'm thinking that the only really good wonder in the game is the Pyramids (captured those from Sal). The rest are questionable in a fast science victory. Since there are a lot of Great Engineers giving production to wonders, I think these would be best used on Ruhr Valley. Other than that, Hanging Gardens and Colosseum could be worth considering, if there is time.

Before this game I always said science is the only hard bottleneck for a fast science victory. Obviously it wasn't in this game as I failed production. Actually, most of the game I was aiming at around t186-187 victory, which I succeeded at, I just wasn't prepared for having all the techs 20 turns before that. Had I been aiming at t170 victory, I would have set up the spaceport very differently. I now think sub t170 is doable, you just need a ton of forests and resources to chop/harvest around your spaceport(s). How viable it is depends on if they patch chopping outside of borders or not. If they don't, then a spaceport city close to the tundra can have a dozen forests available in the late game. In my game I made it the house rule that I can do a bit of chopping 1 tile away from my border, but no further than that. This was to simulate civ IV behavior where you can chop outside borders but yields get smaller the further away you are.

Oh, and I just noticed poor Charles Darwin is still hanging out at the Cliffs of Dover. I totally forgot about him! :lol:

Last edited:
Science victory for Rome, Turn 262 (as posted above).

How do you a insert a spoiler tag?

A few comments after looking through other posts.

My 7 cities at turn 100 remained the core of my Empire. I gained Kumasi later (which was handy) and at the death I conquered Egypt because (i) she was interfering with my scientific CS, (ii) my trade routes were all internal by this stage and (iii) I wanted to try out air combat (turns out that fighters do pretty well against crossbows!). This war yielded a settler which I took South to fill in a production gap.

Basic Military policies then Industrial policies for rapid factories. For civics I beelined Merchant Republic then Communism. I considered switching to Democracy for greater GP generation but stayed with the Communism production bonus.

Religion was an unnecessary distraction. I spent a lot of time engaging in Theological combat with Egypt and Arabia, worrying that I might lose to a (highly unlikely) AI Religious victory. This really slows down turn times. I had a couple of production tenets (and the Meeting House) which helped a bit.

Early (France conquest), mid (toying with Arabia) and late (Egypt conquest). Looking at the posted finishes, more cities through conquest would have helped to boost science, but I think I had a reasonable setup for industrial bonuses (built all Mars parts in <10 turns).

- Were City-States helpful? Industrial and scientific CS were very helpful. Toronto is excellent, although the Hong Kong suzerain bonus does not seem to apply to Space projects as far as I could make out (is that correct?). I declared a Protectorate war on Arabia when they attacked Hattusa which was good medieval war practice. It also provided an excuse to capture Kumasi which had been switching suzerain too frequently and was in an excellent spot to boost my core production. Incidently, I received no happiness penalties from this war even after Arabia had made peace with CS.

- Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it? No major surprises. The AI at King level do not seem to pose a great threat but neither are they much help (not a chance of a Research Agreement due largely to slow AI tech progress). I haven’t investigated espionage in detail and kept all my spies on counter-intelligence at home. I had a tech boost stolen from a secondary city but subsequently caught an Egyptian spy. In hindsight my major error was to delay ALL campus development until after industrial districts. Unlike most reports, my finish was delayed by tech rather than cogs:- I had 2 cities with Spaceports waiting for 8-10 turns for final Techs to be researched. It was also only about t150 when the full importance of GE and GS in Civ6 finally hit me. I used District Projects in secondary cities to boost their production but unfortunately the 2 GE with major boosts to Space production never popped up (I did get the 20% Space part production bonus). Several of my GP recruits were also past their sell-by date when spawned. I also passed on one early GE, not realising that another would not appear until an AI had recruited the first:- I eventually recruited 3 GE sequentially after the AI finally cleared the path.

- Did you enjoy the game? Yes I did (GoTM are a great idea). I like the new Civ6 features and I can replant forests again! I have a couple of interface quibbles at present:-
The rapid unit autocycling can easily lead to mistakes with unit movement
Lack of a detailed turn log means you miss out on some of the information flashing across the screen during AI play (I have AI combat and movement disabled)
I find it difficult to track down the exact effect of various bonuses onscreen. The cursor infobars often offer the most detail on production etc but could be improved.

Turn: 396, Date: 1975, Score: 825
Spoiler Score Breakdown :

Civics: 104
Empire: 465
Great People: 96
Religion:0
Technology: 144
Wonders: 20

17 cites, 4 founded, 13 captured.

Anything that helped with Science, Gold, or Food.

Not really.

I did enough warring to take over my content (other than city states.) and one extra war for nuking Spain as I wanted to see what it looked like.

Very much so.

The only supersize was how effective warring was.

Yes.

Attachments

• Civ6_6otM01_4000 BC.Civ6Save
    2.1 MB · Views: 125
Science Victory Turn 278

Looks like I had 19 at the end. Took 8 from the rest of my continent, so that means I dropped 11 (including at least 3 settlers hanging out in capitals waiting for roman governance!

Started with getting Campuses up and worker techs. Then onto lumber mills, then industrial districts, then rockets, then nukes

I captured some holy sites, and managed to get the growth Pantheon. Eventually founded a religion, but it was religion number 4 so pickings were a bit slim.

Kind of rolled through my neighbours. I wanted to maybe keep Cleo in play, but she wasn't happy with me. Catherine and Peter were way too close, and Saladin had some sweet land, and I had these upgraded units right next to him...
I could have decided for the whole continent and broken out my army into parts; walking from Arabia to Egypt and past some city states I was not leader of lost a lot of turns.
Didn't war at all with the other continent. They sent one scout, and about 7 apostles my way, but nothing beyond that. They were neutral or unfriendly for the duration (until I nuked myself at the end, they didn't like that)

I believe so! I didn't take any of them. I didn't really look at them like the AI players on the map, which from other successful games it looks like I should. Woe be to the city state with a meh bonus! I didn't meet Geneva until very late, which was unfortunate.

I had the same great southern barbarian uprising that several others did. Founded a couple of cities down there just to push back the fog. Started seeing AT crews there, they ate some spears and legions before I could get some field cannons (that still seem better than machine guns because of the range) over to fogbust.

I did, but I've got a lot to learn here. I didn't chop aggressively, although I did chop more than I normally do. I didn't chop outside city radius, nor did I harvest anything. I had techs way before I had production to wield them, and I didn't plan for production cities specific to the space victory. I didn't use any of the projects to push the GS and GE production, and I left a lot of land unused. Going to try this again with this knowledge and see what I can cut off turn wise. Thanks for the fun!

Attachments

• GotM 1 278 1814 AD.Civ6Save
    1.7 MB · Views: 141
  • gotm1 t101.Civ6Save
    1 MB · Views: 153
Science Victory - Turn 319 - 1896AD - Score 480 (why is it so much lower?!)

My first 100 turns are documented here.

After that, it was fairly plain sailing. I settled two further cities to bring me to 8 and built campuses and industrial districts in all of them, and then commercial districts in most. Where possible I tried to avoid having to construct entertainment districts until I had a higher number of hammers, so for a time a number of my cities were size 7 (3 districts allowed for 3 amenities). But I regret not constructing at least a couple of theatre districts. My culture was hopeless (I was still a couple of civics off any of the 8 slot governments as I was blasting in to space) which held me back from getting some of the good bonus cards until very late.

I explored the other continent, met all the civs and promptly sent envoys to Toronto for its production boost (successfully, I got the suzerainship and held it the rest of the game) and Zanzibar for its unique luxury (less successful). Germany was strongest of the civs but none were big enough to destroy each other. Wars came and went but all were pretty short and no-one seemed to even come close to declaring on me. I traded luxes and stayed fairly popular across the board. Not a single turn of war with another civ all game.

As a result of all that the last 100 turns or so were pretty much of a clickfest. And on my laptop, a slow clickfest at that! But up until then I really enjoyed the game, and I wasn't as far behind everyone else as I expected. Thanks - looking forward to next month's!

Attachments

• arnoldinho 6otm1 complete.Civ6Save
    2.2 MB · Views: 147
Launched turn 249.

Build 2 core cities while fighting egypt and being declared on by France, after desperately trying to grow my capital to 6 before building settlers. I proceeded to wage war for the first 150 turns, albeit with minimal military because we were supposed to win by space and that's why I tried to settle a bunch of cities early. So I tried to settle as many cities as possible before districts became to expensive, but producing settlers and units for fogbusting seriously slowed everything down, including the wars.

In the end, Egypt was conquered by 1 xbow and 1 legion.
Everybody else needed 3 archers / xbows.
I could have proceeded to wipe out the rest as well, but I didn't see how this would have helped, because science was very high already.

In hindsight I should have build even more cities and far less campus districts, cause even with 6 factories/powerplants and 15 trade routes building the parts took VERY long.

Worst problems were the barbs. Paris was building scouts for at least 100 turns in a futile attempt to bust all the fog.

Could have finished a lot earlier, but only rolled useless great people. The last one (1500 to space project construction) required building projects for about 15 turns to get the bad ones out of the way. Fun game overall. Nice start, and weak opposition.

Attachments

• AutoSave_0249.Civ6Save
    1.6 MB · Views: 88
  • Civ6Screen0053.jpg
    Civ6Screen0053.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 170
Last edited:
OK, I got a science victory after 427 turns :)

Apart from a few games where I just played a few opening moves, this was my first actual Civ 6 game. So it was more a learning experience than an attempt to finish fast. I researched a lot of tech and civics just to find out what it would actually do.

I started with 3 main cities. Rome settled in place, one just above the cliffs of Dover and one more to the South on the coast. Much later I added one above Stockholm, when I figured adding cities isn't punished as much as in previous Civ versions.

I tried to play mostly peaceful, focusing on anything that looked like science.

Egypt attacked early, but a legion or two was enough to hold it off. Russia settled a city butting up to Rome, just below the river. So a Russia attack was to be expected. I just let it run out of steam and then captured that city. I kept it as a buffer, but Russia was never friendly again. A little after that Egypt and France took a joint attempt at me, but the war-tactics of the AI are really poor. I did not feel the need to initiate any wars myself.

I felt the Legion unit is rather OP. You can first use them to clear jungle and boost your city's output tremendously. And then they cut through contemporary opposing units like butter, especially with a promotion or two under their belt.

A few things I found most noteworthy. Repairing harbors and related improvements really takes forever, so I really should have built ships to protect it more. Having these improvements pillaged cripples a city for a long time.

My focus on science put things out of whack. Somewhere in the 1700s I was warring with France and Egypt while delivery vans were passing through the troops consisting of knights and swordsmen. Very weird. I probably should have focused more on the other aspects as well, as I found research was progressing fast but building whatever troops or buildings the tech enabled took forever. Hence the disparity of actual buildings and troops and the trader graphics.

I added more small cities when I found out it's mostly harmless. Although it's still not entirely clear to me how the luxuries translate to amenities exactly. I added these mostly to prevent the AIs from settling in between my cities.

From the time I researched space tech and being able to launch all the modules took me forever. If it wasn't 150 turns at least it felt that many. One thing really annoying was that my industrial zone kept blowing up. After the second or third time I figured I needed to put a spy on it. It still blew up as soon as that spy finished its 8 turn round of duty, even though I replaced it. So I put another spy. That reduced it, but it still blew up a few times. I also captured numerous spies that the AI then bartered for to release them again. Interesting idea, but I found this spy business a bit over the top.

The tail of the game was rather boring. I must have researched half a dozen future techs before all the modules were complete. I'm not sure what other ways there are to boost productivity given the location of Rome so that I could complete faster. But most likely I needed 2 or 3 high productivity cities to build the final modules in parallel.

The culture, art and religious aspects of the game kind of went past me. Maybe next game.

Thanks for setting it up!

Culture victory after 345 turns.

I never had any problems in this game. However, I spent too much time building support districts, had to low production. Spent like 100turns building Space projects...

Attachments

• TRAJAN 344 1923 AD.Civ6Save
    2.5 MB · Views: 159
Turn 342 - Score 891

22 Total - captured 6 from the Egyptians, 2 from the French, settled 14 of my own.

Honestly, I don't remember. I know that I tried to get science-based techs and policies, but also tried to take advantage of Eurekas as much as possible.

Some, but only inasmuch as being able to build wats, for minimal science advantage

I'm not much of a warmonger, but very early on Peter and Catherine tag-teamed me, so I didn't have much of a choice. I thought about taking Catherine out completely, but didn't know if that would trigger a massive warmonger penalty (even though she was the one who DOW'ed me), so let her keep one city. Never bothered with Peter. Was "friendly" with Cleo for most of the game, but she never would make a DOF. Eventually, she backstabbed me, so I said "to heck with her" and wiped her out. I guess it helped in terms of getting more campus districts up, but not much more than that.

Not especially. Lots of competition from the other civs to be Suzerain, so they were of limited effectiveness.

Only that Germany was clearly going for a science victory as well, so just barely kept missing wonders like Great Library and Oxford. In the end, I just redoubled my efforts to get campus districts.

For the most part. Based on other folks' scores, I definitely have a lot to learn, and I feel as though my play wasn't nearly as optimized as it could be. But then, I have five kids, so I'm lucky if I can play more than one consecutive hour at a time. For me, not being able to set several things in a row for a build order in a city really hurts, since it takes me a while to figure out what the heck I was doing each time I have to rejoin the game.

Attachments

• TRAJAN 342 1921 AD.Civ6Save
    2.3 MB · Views: 166
Horrific game for me, this is my first game really to finish since Civ4. I barely understood what it took to get a science VC and it showed. Horrible management of every aspect of everything. Then I started achievement farming towards the end.

I enjoyed it, but it mainly helped me learn mechanics of how things work and was otherwise unremarkable and/or embarrassing.

Attachments

• GOTM Final.Civ6Save
    1.9 MB · Views: 157
11-17-2016 12:07am

Just finished the game at turn 446 with science victory. I almost lost to Germany who was going for religious Victory. Luckily I "embargoed" the last civ (Arabia) that was to be converted, so his apostles wouldn't get through. I don't remember my exact score but I landed in the Neville Chamberlain range. I don't know how this works so I uploaded my save.

Moderator Action: Welcome to Game of the Month. In future, please use the spoiler threads to post your write-ups and saves. Posting in the Announcement thread may spoil the game for others. Once you open the save, please always use the spoiler threads to post anything. Thanks.

Attachments

• Civ6_6otM01_4000 BC.Civ6Save
    2.6 MB · Views: 140
Last edited by a moderator:
Space victory after 283 turns. Not on my civ computer, so can't upload the save. I plan to get to it before the end of the month (but I keep going straight to GOTM 2 when I get on that computer...)

I had fun!

Question: Which save should I post, the t283 one from right before victory, or the t284 "one more turn" save from after the victory movie?

Top Bottom