6otM Master list

Lord Yanaek

Emperor
6otM have been running for quite some time now, and with more than 50 games available it's not easy to find the old ones. Those games are created to be played within 1 month from their publication but i know in Civ5, new players kept discovering the GotM and wanted to play old ones for fun. For those reasons i decided to create this list as i just came back to Civ6 after a long pause myself.

Finding a game
Games are listed in chronological order. If there's any way to make tables that can be sorted i'll be glad to edit my post but so far i don't know if it's even possible in this forum. They list the civilization, victory, difficulty and map type so you can quickly find games that might be interesting for you. Unless otherwise stated all games start in Ancient Era and played at Standard speed on a Standard sized map.

Game of the Month Spirit
If you're playing an old game, you're obviously not competing for the ranking but i encourage you to play in the spirit of the Game of the Month. Don't try to (ab)use known bugs and don't replay turns. It will make the game more interesting and will make the transition easier when(if) you decide to play one of those "for real".

Mods
Mods are not allowed in the semi competitive GotM, even pure UI mods like CQUI. I think what you do when not playing for ranking is up to you as long as you try to respect the GotM spirit (no cheat mod) but be aware that some of those saves are quite old and might not work with recent mods. If anything doesn't work in one of those game, check whether or not you have mods active.

Comparing results
Game results are reported in an "opening actions" and an "after action" thread. I didn't link those. Those threads can still be found in this forum, just search for "GotMxx" (where xx is the number of the game you've played) if you want to see how fast other players completed those games. Keep in mind that various patches have changed the rules and results for old games are not directly comparable with any result you might get now.

Also, according to arthur486 there was a patch that broke compatibility with previous saves causing some features to malfunction (at last Warmonger penalties and City-states bonuses). It's unknown whether or not this was fixed so if you notice those issues in a save let me know.

Vanilla games
Those games were created prior to the release of the R&F expansion. As far as i can tell they can still be played even with expansions installed but obviously don't need them. The way the game works, loading a saved game causes the engine to use only the data that did exist when the game was created. This means if you play a Vanilla game and have R&F expansion, you won't be able to recruit any governor. Vanilla Patches such as changes to a unit cost are used but not new feature. By loading such a game you are essentially playing the latest version of Vanilla Civ6 without any expansion.

Game|Civilization|Victory|Difficulty|Map|Notes
6otM01 |Rome (Trajan)|Science|King|Continents|
6otM02 |Greece (Gorgo)|Culture|Immortal|Island Plates|
6otM03 |Japan (Hojo Tokimune)|Religion|Prince|Pangaea|
6otM04 |America (Theodore Roosevelt)|Domination|Deity|Continents|
6otM05 |America (Theodore Roosevelt)|Domination|Deity|Continents|It's not a duplicate, the map is different from GotM04
6otM06 |Russia (Peter)|Culture|Emperor|Shuffle|
6otM07 |Norway (Harald)|Science|Immortal|Continents|
6otM08 |Aztecs (Montezuma)|Domination|Emperor|Island Plates|
6otM09 |Spain (Philip II)|Religious|Emperor|Continent|
6otM10 |Sumer (Gilgamesh)|Any|Prince|Continent|
6otM11 |China (Qin Shi Huang)|Science|Immortal|Pangaea|
6otM12 |Egypt (Cleopatra)|Score (250 turns)|King|Continents|
6otM13 |England (Victoria)|Culture|Deity|Island Plates|Medieval era start
6otM14 |Greece (Pericles)|Religion|King|TSL Earth|Quick speed
6otM15 |India (Gandhi)|Domination|Immortal|Continents|
6otM16 |Scythia (Tomyris)|Culture|King|Continents|
6otM17 |Germany (Frederick Barbarossa)|Science|Deity|Continents|
6otM18 |France (Catherine)|Science|Prince|Continents|
6otM19 |Brazil (Pedro II)|Culture|Immortal|Pangaea|
6otM20 |Congo (Mvemba a Nzinga)|Score (250 turns)|Prince|Continents|No tribal villages
6otM21 |Arabia (Saladin)|Religious|Deity|Continents|
6otM22 |Persia (Cyrus)|Culture|King|Pangaea|
6otM23 |Rome (Trajan)|Domination|Immortal|Pangaea|
6otM24 |Rome (Trajan)|Domination|Emperor|Continent|
6otM25 |Greece (Gorgo)|Science|Immortal|Continents|
6otM26 |America (Theodore Roosevelt)|Culture|King|Shuffle|
6otM27 |Arabia (Saladin)|Religion|Deity|Island Plates|
6otM28 |Aztecs (Montezuma)|Science|Emperor|Pangaea|2 different maps
6otM29 |Japan (Hojo Tokimune)|Culture|Immortal|Fractal|
6otM30 |Norway (Harald)|Religion|Prince|Island Plates|
6otM31 |Russia (Peter)|Domination|Deity|Pangaea|
6otM32 |Sumer (Gilgamesh)|Science|King|Continents|Large Size map

Rise and Fall games
Those games were created with the R&F expansion and require the expansion to be loaded. Most of the latest saves (starting at 6otM43) also require some or all of the DLC packs (even those where you play a non-DLC civ, as DLC civs can be found under AI control). Hopefully those games will work after Gathring Storm release the same way Vanilla games still work with R&F installed.

6otM33 |Scotland (Robert)|Science|Immortal|Continents|
6otM34 |Mongolia (Temujin/Genghis Khan)|Culture|Prince|Pangaea|
6otM35 |Cree (Poundmaker)|Culture|Emperor|Continents|
6otM36 |Netherlands (Wilhelmina)|Science|King|TSL earth|
6otM37 |Zulu (Shaka)|Domination|Deity|Continents|
6otM38 |Korea (Seondeok)|Science|Emperor|Island Plates|
6otM39 |Mapuche (Lautaro)|Culture|Immortal|Pangaea|
6otM40 |Georgia (Tamar)|Religion|Prince|Continents|
6otM41 |India (Chandragupta)|Domination|Deity|Continents|
6otM42 |England (Victoria)|Score (250 turns)|King|TSL Earth|Medieval Era start
6otM43 |Australia (John Curtin)|Science|Immortal|Island Plates|DLC Civ
6otM44 |Macedon (Alexander)|Culture|Prince|Continents|
6otM45 |Poland (Jadwiga)|Religion|Emperor|Continents|DLC Civ
6otM46 |Nubia (Amanitore)|Domination|Prince|Pangaea|Large map / DLC Civ
6otM47 |Khmer (Jayavarman VII)|Culture|Immortal|Pangaea|DLC Civ
6otM48 |India (Gandhi)|Culture|King|Fractal|No Barbarians / No Tribal Villages
6otM49 |Indonesia (Gitarja)|Science|Immortal|Island Plates|DLC Civ
6otM50 |Sumer (Gilgamesh)|Science|Prince|Continents|No other VC enabled / 6otM50 was a "special edition" featuring 5 games, each with the leader starting in his historic era and a different VC
6otM50 |Rome (Trajan)|Score (200 turns)|Prince|Continents|No other VC enabled / Classic Era start
6otM50 |Mongolia (Temujin/Genghis Khan)|Domination|Prince|Continents|No other VC enabled / Medieval Era start
6otM50 |Spain (Philip II)|Religion|Prince|Continents|No other VC enabled / Renaissance Era start
6otM50 |America (Theodore Roosevelt)|Domination|Prince|Continents|No other VC enabled / Industrial Era start / Should have been the culture game but was wrongly set to Domination
6otM51 |Congo (Mvemba a Nzinga)|Domination|Deity|Pangaea|Map is Hot and Wet / Classical Era start
6otM52 |America (Theodore Roosevelt)|Culture|Prince|Continents|No other VC enabled / Industrial Era start / "Replacement" for 6otM50 America map with correct VC
6otM53 |Sumer (Gilgamesh)|Science|Deity|Pangaea|
6otM54 |China (Qin Shi Huang)|Religion|King|Archipellago|No barbarians or tribal villages. All dlc 400 turn limit
6otM55 |Egypt (Cleopatra)|Culture|Immortal|Inland Sea|
6otM56 |Scotland (Robert the Bruce)|Domination|Emperor|TSL Earth|No barbarians or tribal villages. All dlc

Gathering Storm games
Those games were created for Gathering Storm and require the expansion to be loaded. Unless otherwise stated in the notes the games use the default settings : Ancient Era start, Standard size, Standard speed and Disaster Intensity of 2.

6otM57 |Maori (Kupe)|Culture|Emperor|Island Plates|

Last edited:
This is very nice work, thank you! There is however one thing that should be mentioned - one of the updates broke playing games that were created with an earlier version. I remember war mongering and city-state bonuses not working properly. I'm not sure that has been fixed as of now.

Great initiative and timing! Now I will have something to do instead of talking to in-l:splat:aws over the holidays! :assimilate:

Thank you for this

Hi,

Long time Civ player here. I would be very interested to get back to Gotms but I have one problem. I would very much like the games to be in Deity difficulty level.

I tried to get the setting changed to Deity but I have not found any method. Things that I have tried:

Firetuner
  • Whit great hassle I got this installed and tried to use it but the tool itself proved to be way too complicated to use
Worldbuilder
  • Managed to get this enabled but I am not able to load the save as a map -> have not identified any way to proceed
Extracting game seed
  • managed to extract game and map seed from save game but if I submit them in "create game" I do not get the same start. I definitely did not get same civ and starting position. Can't confirm if the map is same though.
I have tried and I have failed.

I am sure there are people here who have similar needs and perhaps they have found a way. If so I would kindly ask your guidance. So the goal is to change GOTM setting to Deity for personal preference.

Welcome to Game of the Month. I moved your post to this thread so you can easily find the games that have been created for Deity level. I know of no way to change the difficulty level of a save once it has been created, someone else might.

We create different difficulty level games to allow everyone to participate. Not everyone is comfortable with Deity.

Found a (possible) way to convert these games to Deity for ones convenience.

Extract the map and game seed
  1. Place the Gotm save to "multi" and to "single" folder
  2. Open the game as multiplayer game
    1. Unfortunately you will see the opponents at this point
  3. Game and map seed is displayed, write them down for future reference
    1. Extracting these was the whole point to open game as "multi"
Start a normal single player game with these seeds
  1. Disable DLCs and mods that are not used in Gotm
  2. Create normal single player game
  3. Select the specified Gotm civilization
  4. Set other game settings that are specified (might not be needed, but better be safe than sorry)
  5. Overwrite the game and map seed
  6. Create the game

I verified this method to work with Gotm 68 (Incas). It produced same opponents, starting position and city states. Game was also set to Deity as was evident by battling enemy GDRs in 1800AD.

Gathering Storm games
Those games were created for Gathering Storm and require the expansion to be loaded. Unless otherwise stated in the notes the games use the default settings : Ancient Era start, Standard size, Standard speed and Disaster Intensity of 2.

6otM57 |Maori (Kupe)|Culture|Emperor|Island Plates|
6otM58 |Pachacuti - Inca|Science |Prince|Continents |
6otM59 |Mansa Musa - Mali|Diplomatic |Immortal|Continents|
6otM60 |Gandhi - India|Domination |King|Continents|Huge Size, Pace QUICK, Atomic Start Era|
6otM61 |Kristina - Sweden|Culture |Deity|Fractal|
6otM62 |Wilfred - Canada|Culture|Prince|Continents |
6otM63 |Suleiman - Ottomans|Domination |Immortal|Continents|
6otM64 |Dido - Phonecia|Religion |King|Continents |Start LEGENDARY, Resources Abundant|
6otM65 |Matthias Corvinus - Hungary|Domination |Immortal|Continents|
6otM66 |Eleanor of Aquitaine - France|Culture|Prince|Small Continents||
6otM67 |Eleanor of Aquitaine - England|Diplomatic |Immortal|Seven Seas|
6otM68 |Mansa Musa - Mali|Religion |Prince|Continents |
6otM69 |Pachacuti - Inca|Domination |Deity|Seven Seas|
6otM70 |Kristina - Sweden|Diplomatic |Prince|Continents |
6otM71 |Wilfred Laurier - Canada|Science |Emperor|Terra|
6otM72 |Suleiman - Ottomans|Science |King|Continents |Huge Size, 12 Civs, 20 CS|
6otM73 |Dido - Phoenicia|Culture|Immortal|Continents and Islands|
6otM74 |Matthias Corvinus - Hungary|Culture|Prince|Continents |Large Size, 10 Civs, 20 CS|
6otM75 |Eleanor of Aquitaine - France|Domination |Deity|Pangaea|

Last edited by a moderator:
Gathering Storm games Continued…

6otM76 |Kupe – Maori| Religion |Prince|Continents|Large Size, 10 Civs, 20 CS|
6otM77 |Gitarja – Indonesia| Science |Immortal|Archipelago|
6otM78 |Eleanor – England| Science |King|Continents and Islands|Large Size|
6otM79 |Trajan – Rome| Culture |Immortal|Inland Sea|
6otM80 |Gorgo – Greece| Domination |Prince|Continents and Islands|
6otM81 |Hojo Tokimune – Japan| Science |Deity|Inland Plates|
6otM82 |Frederick – Germany| Science |King|Continents|
6otM83 |Tomyris – Scythia| Religion |Immortal|Continents and Islands|
6otM84 |Pedro – Brazil| Religion |Prince|Continents and Islands|
6otM85 |Catherine – France| Culture |Deity|Splintered Fractal|
6otM86 |Poundmaker – Cree| Diplomacy |Prince|Continents|Every Civ must survive!|
6otM87 |Tamar – Georgia| Science |Immortal|Continents and Islands|
6otM88 |Lady Six Sky – Maya| Science |Prince|Continents|Huge Size, Apocalypse|
6otM89 |Simon Bolivar – Gran Columbia| Domination |Deity|Pangaea|Apocalypse|
6otM90 |Chandragupta – India| Domination |Emperor|Pangaea|Huge Size, Disaster Intensity - 0|
6otM91 |Pericles – Greece| Culture | Deity | Archipeligo | Standard Size, Disaster Intensity - 3|
6otM92 |Shaka – Zulu| Domination | King | Continents |Large Size, Disaster Intensity - 2|
6otM93 | Menelik II – Ethiopia|Culture|Deity |Lakes |Standard Size, Resources: Abundant, Disaster Intensity - 1|
6otM94|Jayavarman VII – Khmer|Religion |Prince|Continents |Standard Size, Disaster Intensity - 2|
6otM95|Cyrus – Persia|Religious |Immortal|Seven Seas|Standard Size, Resources: Sparse, Start Position: Legen...(wait for it)....dary, Disaster Intensity - 2, No Saladin|
6otM96|Basil II – Byzantium|Religion or Domination|Emperor|Small Continents |Standard Size, Disaster Intensity - 2|
6otM97|Ambiorix – Gaul|Science|Immortal|Highland|Standard Size, Disaster Intensity - 2, Dramatic Ages, Tech/Civic Shuffle|
6otM98|Lautaro – Mapuche|Culture or Diplomacy|Prince|Continents and Islands|Standard Size, Disaster Intensity - 2, Tech/Civic Shuffle. If you choose Culture all major civs must be alive when you win.|
6otM99|Wilhelmina Netherlands|Domination|Deity|Small Continents|Standard Size, Disaster Intensity - 2|
6otM100|Menelik II – Ethiopia|Science or Religion|Prince
|Continents |One City Challenge! Standard Size, Disaster Intensity - 4|
6otM100B|Harald – Norway|Science|Deity|Terra High Seas|One City Challenge! Standard Size, Disaster Intensity - 2|
6otM100A|Menelik II – Ethiopia|Science or Religion|Prince|Continents |One City Challenge - Replacement for 100, Standard Size, Disaster Intensity - 4|
6otM101|Lady Six Sky - Maya|Score |Deity|Continents|Standard Size, Disaster Intensity - 4, all modes enabled, so announcement for additional details|
6otMXMAS|Hammurabi – Babylon|Domination/ Culture/Dom/Rel|Prince/ Deity|Continents/Lakes|Two map options to choose from. Standard Size, Disaster Intensity - 4/2|
6otM102|Jadwiga– Poland|Science|King|Continents|Standard Size, Disaster Intensity - 2|
6otM103|Seondeok – Korea|Culture|Immortal|Lakes|Standard Size, Disaster Intensity - 0, Tech/Civic shuffle.|
6otM104|Kublai Kahn - Mongolia|Culture|King|Continents|Standard Size, Disaster Intensity - 2|

Last edited:
These links are not working.

Top Bottom