[Vote] (7-50) Industrial City Connections

Include in VP?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Railroad connections don't actually require full rail connections to the capital. They just require 1 rail tile next to the city. That's too easy and unintuitive.
forgot to mention I did not find this to be the case recently. I remember doing this before, but when I tried recently I indeed needed the full rail connection in order to build train stations

Partial implementation by @KungCheops , the sponsor for this, and original proposer. This proposal is phase 2, more or less.

forgot to mention I did not find this to be the case recently. I remember doing this before, but when I tried recently I indeed needed the full rail connection in order to build train stations
I think if you have a full normal road connection, it should be enough to change one road to railroad, but I don't remember exactly. Maybe it was only coastal cities with lighthouses where you could abuse this. In any case, it's messy logic.

I think if you have a full normal road connection, it should be enough to change one road to railroad, but I don't remember exactly. Maybe it was only coastal cities with lighthouses where you could abuse this. In any case, it's messy logic.
I had full roads from before. then tried changing the roads adjacent to the cities to rails, and it didn't do anything. I think (only 50% sure on this one) that my coastal cities on a different landmass also needed a full rail connection to another city on that landmass.

Here's the relevant code:
Spoiler code :

C++:
    if (pkBuildingInfo->IsRequiresRail() && !GC.getGame().isOption(GAMEOPTION_ONE_CITY_CHALLENGE))
    {
        //this flag is also set for water connection once railroad is available
        if (!IsIndustrialRouteToCapitalConnected())
            return false;

//therefore also check for an actual railroad here
        bool bRailroad = false;
        for (int iDirectionLoop = 0; iDirectionLoop < NUM_DIRECTION_TYPES; iDirectionLoop++)
        {
            CvPlot* pAdjacentPlot = plotDirection(getX(), getY(), ((DirectionTypes)iDirectionLoop));
            if (pAdjacentPlot && pAdjacentPlot->getRouteType() == ROUTE_RAILROAD && pAdjacentPlot->IsCityConnection(getOwner()))
            {
                bRailroad = true;
                break;
            }
        }
        if (!bRailroad)
            return false;
    }

If you have a lighthouse connection to a city, you can build a railway station as long as one of the adjacent plots is a city connection tile and it is a railroad. So currently lighthouses are considered enough to give a full industrial connection, but not enough to build a train station.

Looks like a step in the right direction. I bet some details will be refined in the next voting cycle, hopefully along with changing the name from coaling station to something else.

Personally it feels weird to require two buildings in the same city to enable the ICC for island cities. Especially if the theming is that one building lets ships dock and the other fuels them? Anyway, something that can be refined later imo.

You need one building for normal connection, and another building to upgrade it. The Industrial connection unlocks Coaling Station, not the other way around.

Looks like a step in the right direction. I bet some details will be refined in the next voting cycle, hopefully along with changing the name from coaling station to something else.

Personally it feels weird to require two buildings in the same city to enable the ICC for island cities. Especially if the theming is that one building lets ships dock and the other fuels them? Anyway, something that can be refined later imo.
One future consideration could be to revert to something more akin to vanilla, where having an industrial connection just straight gives the 25% production bonus. But I'm sure there's some good reason why we moved away from that.
Was thinking about what could be more thematically reasonable than coaling/fuelling station, only thing I can think of atm is "factory", but that's opening up a can of worms I'm not ready for in this proposal.

One future consideration could be to revert to something more akin to vanilla, where having an industrial connection just straight gives the 25% production bonus. But I'm sure there's some good reason why we moved away from that.
Was thinking about what could be more thematically reasonable than coaling/fuelling station, only thing I can think of atm is "factory", but that's opening up a can of worms I'm not ready for in this proposal.
I feel it has already has sufficient incentive for the ICCs in and of themselves with the scaling :c5production:.

As Azum stated, one building enables ICCs and the other requires them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom