[Vote] (7-61) Complete the "Complete Kills" Functionality

Include in VP?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tekamthi

Emperor
I haven't enabled this in a few revisions now, but it used to be a favorite for hotseat games in particular. Unless it's been addressed and gone unnoted, I think the "complete kills" functionality is currently more or less as follows:

Player that loses last city but still has units is still alive. In cases where there are only military units left, this option is incomplete as there is nothing really to do to try to claw back into the game.

As human you can try to 3rd party a war and steal a city capture, but this is cheese supreme as far as gameplay goes.

When this is an AI player, even if it has a settler, it just wanders aimlessly and intermittently, usually coming to park its units in one location eventually, perhaps moving around 1-2 tiles on repeat. The settler, if available, rarely if ever founds a city (at some point in time I believe this did actually work better, but it was years and years ago, and was at best inconsistent). When AI still has many military units and perhaps a chance to recapture its last city it just lost, it instead tend to move into this defeated zombie mode anyway rather than launching an all out blitz to try to recap, as one would expect.

Proposal:

When complete kills enabled:

If player loses last city & settler and survives for 10 turns, they are granted a free settler.

Double check, and adjust if necessary, AI so that if last city is lost and it is still alive, it keeps pursuing its objectives as it would ~normally, mainly that if it has a settler it prioritizes founding ASAP, and does not fall into wandering zombie mode

Last edited:
Last minute sponsored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom