• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recursive

Already Looping
Supporter
Voting Instructions
Players, please cast your votes in the poll above. Vote "Yea" for every proposal you'd be okay with if it were implemented. Vote "Nay" if you'd be okay if these proposals weren't implemented. You can vote for any number of options.

All votes are public. If you wish, you can discuss your choice(s) in the thread below. You can change your vote as many times as you want until the poll closes.

VP Congress: Session 7, Proposal 76

Discussion Thread: (7-76) Move Kuna's Tech Boost on Mathematics to Theology
Proposer: @Legen
Sponsor: @Legen

Proposal Details
Spoiler Kuna's stats :
+2 :c5faith: +1 :c5science:
Unlocks at Construction
Can be built on: Forest, Jungle

Cannot be adjacent to another Kuna.

Mathematics: +2 :c5science:
Astronomy: +2 :c5science:
Archaeology: +2 :c5science:
Flight: +2 :c5culture:

Proposal
  • Mathematics +2 :c5science: Science to Maya's Kuna is moved to Theology.
Spoiler Tech tree image, for reference :
maya tree.png

Rationale

The current +2 :c5science: Science on Mathematics comes too early. It is just one tech column after the Kuna is unlocked at Construction, and this tech is one of the prerequisites for Mathematics as well. Moreover, this makes the Kuna a 5-yield improvement at a time when Academies and Manufactories are still 6-yield GPTIs.

The early Medieval techs are a more appropriate place for this tech boost, as by then, the mentioned GPTIs become 9-yield ones (see Metal Casting and Physics). Of the early Medieval techs, I chose Theology for thematic considerations, as the Kuna is referenced in the Civilopedia as a Mayan word for "temple".

VP Congress: Session 7, Proposal 77
Discussion Thread: (7-77) Atlatlist Nerf (-1 CS)
Proposer: @Yngwie
Sponsor: @azum4roll

Proposal Details
Current Atlatlist: 13 CS, 14 RCS
Proposed Atlatlist: 12 CS, 14 RCS (same as Composite Bowman)

Rationaly: Maya is one of the top Civs now and their UU is exceptional (earlier unlock + indirect fire). There is no point to provide Mayan UU a higher CS than to ordinary Composite Bowman

+1 :c5science: and +3 :c5science: is a big difference. I don't think they need that much of a nerf.

I would have pushed it back to philosophy, so it’s not on the same tech line as the university/workshop feature buffs, but this is still a lot better than having a tech boost 1 tech after the improvement unlocks.

Btw, I'm seeing quite a lot of people voting for all options except "Nay for both". What that means is that you want some changes, but any one or both are ok.

It's likely the same for other proposals too. Another reminder that if you have a clear choice of proposals to pass, vote for that ONE combination, and don't vote for the individual ones unless you're okay that only one of them passes.

Btw, I'm seeing quite a lot of people voting for all options except "Nay for both". What that means is that you want some changes, but any one or both are ok.

It's likely the same for other proposals too. Another reminder that if you have a clear choice of proposals to pass, vote for that ONE combination, and don't vote for the individual ones unless you're okay that only one of them passes.
I do that sometimes. Usually in cases when I can see the problem, but can't judge which of the proposed solutions would be best (or if any would be gamebreaking or something).

Take 7-40 for example. I agree with the community sentiment that Tradition is currently a bit weaker than the other ancient policy trees and also the the ancient trees are approaching the medieval trees in power to the point, so the obvious course of action is to nerf Progress and Authority. Should the Progress nerf be -1:c5food:/:c5production:, -1:c5food:/:c5gold: or -1:c5production:/:c5gold:? No idea! So I support all of them. Say the first one passes and we see Progress struggling to grow but swimming in gold. Then we just change it next Congress. Simple as that.

If the proposals weren't mutually exclusive, I would've voted for some combinations of them too, as I'm not sure if a single proposal is enough to bring Progress to parity with Tradition, nor can I tell if after all three nerfs combined Progress would still be competitive. So again, I support all options, and if the wrong one is picked, we just try again in three months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom