875 BC--The year of Light

Whomp

Keep Calm and Carry On
Retired Moderator
After many centuries of work our people have lit the candle to the seas of Sirian and we can now see the light.
Personally, I think it was a trick because our people prefer to fish the seas of Sirian rather than do their hard labor in the fields around Balderdash. You know the whole fish and chips thing.

The lighthouse is constructed from large blocks of light-coloured stone, the tower is made up of three stages: a lower square section with a central core, a middle octagonal section, and, at the top, a circular section. At its apex is positioned a mirror which reflects sunlight during the day; a fire is lit at night.

Artist Kickbooti's rendering of construction...

Marvel at its finished beauty...

We hope your ships will be pleased to see this beacon of light as your sailors come for a visit. Be aware that beacon of light is no ordinary beacon of light but also sings songs and recites poems. It seems the Great Sirian and his hydras have also delivered a singing ray of light.
Very strange, indeed but I say "brilliant"!

So come from far and wide for a visit and feel free to request a tune.
Here's a song by one his hydras named James Taylor Sirian.
Spoiler :

Off the coast of Balderdash
Bound for <insert your country>
A world away from here
Is a ship that sails the sea
Is a man who's just like me
And I wish that I was there

I'm a lonely lighthouse, not a ship out in the night
I'm watching the sea
She's come half-way round the world to see the light
and to stay away from me
There is a shipwreck lying at my feet
Some weary refugee from the rolling deep
Ah, would you lose it all and fall for me?

Couldn't we shine?
I'm rolling all my golden moments into one
Like to shine like the sun for one more Summer day
Shine like a lighthouse for one last Summer night
Flashing on, flashing, fading away

Well if you feel lost and lonely and don't know where to go
And you hear this song on the hydraphone
Or even if you're feeling healthy and strong
You might like to sing along
But just because I might be standing here
That don't mean I won't be wrong this time
You could follow me and lose your mind

Off the coast of Balderdash
bound for <insert your country here>
A world away from here
Is a ship that sails the sea
Is a man who's just like me
And I wish that I was there

Marvelous!! your team should win the game for this fantastic feat. I've heard rumors that it can send a "laser beam" to incinerate ships.. outstanding!!

Except for the obvious benefits that my most esteemed collegue tubby rower pointed out are their any other benefits to the hordes of whompers?

Aloha offers its congratulations regardless.

Brilliant! :clap:

Thanks for sharing the joyous news.

&#8230; although this laser beam rumor is most unsettling&#8230;

Tubby Rower said:
Marvelous!! your team should win the game for this fantastic feat. I've heard rumors that it can send a "laser beam" to incinerate ships.. outstanding!!

ahhh Tubby. Isnt this "your" team too?

&#8230; although this laser beam rumor is most unsettling&#8230;
rumor has it that it's only used on barbarian ships... if you are still nervous, then you might want to consider attacking Aloha... we can provide directions if needed.

Tubby Rower said:
rumor has it that it's only used on barbarian ships... if you are still nervous, then you might want to consider attacking Aloha... we can provide directions if needed.

'left, right, turn around in a circle, rinse and repeat' isnt directions tubby.

Oooooo Ahhhhhhh Oooooooooooooo Hot Hot :p

Tubby Rower said:
... if you are still nervous, then you might want to consider attacking Aloha... we can provide directions if needed.

Thanks for the help, but you're offer is a couple or turns too late ;)

excellent.. when does the raiding party arrive??

This is outstanding news! I did find a typo in the original post though.

whomp said:
At its apex is positioned a mirror which reflects sunlight during the day; a fire is lit at night.

Shouldn't it read "At its apex is Whomp's shiny head, which resembles a mirror, reflects...."

Mauer said:
Shouldn't it read "At its apex is Whomp's shiny head, which resembles a mirror, reflects...."
:rolleyes: Doesn't everyone know that'd be like staring at the sun?
We have to protect our women and children, ya know. Sheesh.
You'd think a father would have some consideration for these things. :rolleyes:

Mauer said:
Thus the laser discussion..... :p
Tubby may have a laser head but mine is more like a blunt instrument. :cool:

So you know how to use fire to make light? Would you care to burn down the jungles around my house, they make my friends sick when they come to play poke the monkey with a stick.
(one time we poked a panther by mistake. that day i became much fitter.)

azza...remember to use the buddy system when near wild animals. You dont have to out run the animal only your buddy. IT helps to have a buddy who is less fit than you ...or you could kick them in the knee/groin as the wild animal approaches then run. Why do you think all l the scouts go out in twos.

robboo said:
azza...remember to use the buddy system when near wild animals. You dont have to out run the animal only your buddy. IT helps to have a buddy who is less fit than you ...or you could kick them in the knee/groin as the wild animal approaches then run. Why do you think all l the scouts go out in twos.
that's why I enjoy hiking in the wilderness with robboo. you just have to avoid that first kick, then your golden :lol:

I always go with fat people Tubby...they are slower and I don't to have to kick. Thats why you haven't been kicked yet. :)

/Told that to a group of my students on a field trip...my "buddy" was less than amused and a bit nervous.

Top Bottom