99% Tax

dalgo

Emperor
I didn't know what the highest possible tax rate was - until my latest game. I can now report that the top rate is 99%, and it can't go any higher. After that I got the message (‘It is time to raise your taxes from 99% to 99%’)!

That meant selling 100 coats @ 10 gold each gave me a profit of just 10 gold! Fortunately it was late in the game by then and I was producing plenty of food, horses and guns and didn't need cash so I turned off all other production.

My leader in this game was Adriaen van der Donck :)

Actually I think if you keep going it gets higher - but by decimal points. You start to get even less and less money (maybe 6 gold per 100 units) but the tax rate quoted is always rounded back to 99%.

I think I had a game where a galleon full of premium goods gained barely enough gold for a pioneer to build an improvement. Thankfully some of the mods have worked out how to cap the max tax rate.

This is utterly ridiculous. Original Colonization you could play the entire game and never have it break 30%.

This is utterly ridiculous. Original Colonization you could play the entire game and never have it break 30%.

Yeah, a 99% rate is just exorbitant. The game balance in the original allowed for larger economies and liberty bells to be accumulated without the insane European response.

ugh every time i download a mod i have to make some xml changes because it pisses me off when i have a 40000 unit REF just because i made 20 bells, 20 crosses and have 2 units :/

It's the King's way of saying "The stupid programmers won't let me declare war on you. So I'm going to piss you off until you can't take it anymore."

In the previous colonization game weren't there custom houses that let you sell to other European countries without needing boats or anything? Should bring that back.

In the previous colonization game weren't there custom houses that let you sell to other European countries without needing boats or anything? Should bring that back.

Custom House exists in several mods already. ;)

You had to take a large amount of turns to get to 99%. Max rate i've had is at most 20%.

Top Bottom