A Brave New World Part 2

milarqui and warman are correct. there are people who surprisingly want to do good for the world, just on a localized scale. Even if it is only a few businessmen and Scandinavian economic interests. perhaps something like the league will be possible in a decade or two, with another major war.

Yes, but governments of this time would view the red cross as a political / religious tool way more than they would believe in it being for purely humanitarian efforts.

Aye, that's why they left Boston.

To: The Ottoman Empire

We will not engage in actual combat to support you, but we will most definitely impose more sanctions against the Dutch, the instigators of the whole Suez Conflict. We hope the whole issue over there comes to an abrupt and peaceful halt.

To: Morocco

Although you may wish to support your Muslim brothers in the Ottoman Empire...we urge you not to. As a member of the German Imperial Protectorate, you would be drawing us into a war that we refuse to fight. Any action, besides supporting sanctions, taken by Morocco will be met by a swift German response.

To: The German Empire

Your will to support such heathens against your fellow protestants is deplorable. Note who made the first attack. Please do.

To: The World

With the recent actions in the Middle East between the Ottomans, the Dutch, the Virginians, and the Persians, Germany has decided to close the Straits of Gibraltar to all Virginian and Dutch naval vessels. We will not close the Straits to any other ships, but we will randomly stop and search vessels passing through to make sure no supplies or troops are being supplied to Dutch or Virginian forces.

Also, we will be imposing more economic sanctions on the Dutch until the conflict around the Suez comes to a peaceful end. We urge others to do the same.

To: The German Empire

Your will to support such heathens against your fellow protestants is deplorable. Note who made the first attack. Please do.

Your illegal actions of holding the Suez started this conflict.

To: The World

With the recent actions in the Middle East between the Ottomans, the Dutch, the Virginians, and the Persians, Germany has decided to close the Straits of Gibraltar to all Virginian and Dutch naval vessels. We will not close the Straits to any other ships, but we will randomly stop and search vessels passing through to make sure no supplies or troops are being supplied to Dutch or Virginian forces.

Also, we will be imposing more economic sanctions on the Dutch until the conflict around the Suez comes to a peaceful end. We urge others to do the same.

Your illegal actions of holding the Suez started this conflict.
Everyone knows the Egyptian demands were unreasonable.

From Republic of Italy
To Germany

We find you attempt to disrupt trade in the Mediterranean distasteful. Search any and all ships around Germany, but this kind of action is one of the many reasons we left the Berlin Pact. Italy cares not about the conflict between the Dutch and the Islamic world, but we do care about the straights. How long until a German Naval Officer wrongly identifies a French, Italian, or Greek vessel as a Dutch one? We suggest you be careful and withdraw this action, lest a simple mistake get blown out of proportion.

Sweden wishes for a quick and peaceful end to the current conflict involving the Suez Canal. Sweden also sees the closing of the Straits of Gibraltar as being far too harsh. Virginia is merely coming to aid an ally in their time of need and should not be punished for such actions. There has been no hostile attacks from Virginian soldiers against German troops, and we would like to let it be known that we do not support the economic blocking of the Netherlands, but we are going to remain neutral during these current tensions.

OOC: I apologize for blowing my top yesterday, I had that dropped in my lap at the start of a stressful weekend, without the time to write new orders for this or Bird's NES. I still intend to leave, but I've had flyingchicken waiting in Imperial China for the past two turns for that.

I am still concerned that you show bias for certain players, and ask that you scrutinize yourself in the future for this. I've been told that you've done so in other NESes that I was not a part of, and hope you can fix what seems to be a recurring problem for your players.

From the Korean Empire
To the Republic of New England

Korea's intervention in China is with one intention: restore stability. To this end, we are rebuilding the Chinese bureaucracy, conducting investigations into corruption and incompetence, and modernizing the army of the recognized government while assisting it in regaining control of its recognized territories. We are upset that our close trading partner would choose to further destabilize a situation that is just returning to normal, as Korean forces have assisted the Chinese in regaining control over the major population centers.

OOC: I thought orders were due today? On the front page it said, Order due Friday March 20th, 2009. All my planning, all my diplomatic efforts destroyed.

OOC: I thought orders were due today? On the front page it said, Order due Friday March 20th, 2009. All my planning, all my diplomatic efforts destroyed.

It also had the exact time

If was 5 pm eastern time... oh, ok, it is 5 30 there now... goddamn it... I now officially hate my job. And my long orders.

Sorry EQ.

The closure of the Straits to Dutch and Virginian military ships stands. The random search of other vessels is to ensure that no troops or war material is transported to Dutch or Virginian forces by hiding them on civilian and trade ships. We may drop the search of other ships...but if the Dutch or Virginians obtain any reinforcements though non-military or foreign aid, the searches will be continued.

From Italy
To Germany

We suggest you rethink this. For starters Italy is not involved nor will be in this conflict. Germany has no right to impede, board, or search our vessels. Also this is simply going to build tensions among many nations in the world as you impede trade between the nations.

From Italy
To Germany

We suggest you rethink this. For starters Italy is not involved nor will be in this conflict. Germany has no right to impede, board, or search our vessels. Also this is simply going to build tensions among many nations in the world as you impede trade between the nations.

If more nations join us in imposing economic sanctions against the Netherlands, then we will drop the search of ships at the Straits.

To: All nations affected by the War of the Suez Channel

While we feel that the Dutch are at fault for the start of this war, as they compromised to return the Suez Channel and didn't, we feel that everybody's reactions, including Germany's, are being too blown out of proportion. We believe that Germany should rethink his idea of stopping ships from entering the Mediterranean Sea, as this will be catastrophic for the world economy, but we also believe that the Dutch should leave North Africa to the Egyptians and Ottomans, as they had promised to do. We support the economical sanctions of the Germans against the Dutch, but we do not support the closure of the Straits of Gibraltar to ships.

@Shadowbound: I've been watching myself for bias since the end of RTOR2. So far, I feel justified, and yes, while i do kick myself for allowing some of the things TLJ has done, there's other things that other players have done. In both TWTUD and ABNW, there were some things I feel I shouldnt have allowed.

@Germanicus: indeed, the update deadline was originally 2 PM. I did start it early, but alllowed orders well until 4 PM.

From Italy
To Germany

Then you should blockade the Netherlands proper and not the Strait.

OOC: Great update.

IC: To: The People of Mexico

It is clear that the Emperor of Mexico has both betrayed the Mexican people and gone insane. His sale of Mexican national land to foreign powers will be the final blow to the end of Imperialism in Mexico. Not only that but it has become clear that he is using the money gained from the sale of our fellow brothers and workers to expand his already large personal fortune.

To: Sweden

The Leftist Mexican Government demands an explanation from the Swedish government as to why national Mexican lands are being seized by your fleets. We condemn the Swedish governments Imperialist and oppressive actions against our nation.

To: Haiti

The Haitian Governments joining of the Gulf Alliance essentially ends its role in the Mexican Imperial Protectorate. The true and just government of Mexico asks what Haiti has to gain from aiding their former Imperial masters who did nothing but oppress and exploit the workers of Haiti?

To: New France

The true representative government of the people of Mexico thank our friends in New France for there assistance in these most troubling time. With your assistance we are assured success in liberating the oppressed people of Mexico from the tyrranical and insane rule of the Emperor.

To: The Mexican Emperor

Are you insane? Your betrayal of the Mexican people is your downfall. Not only have you shown your true intentions are personal gain in this war but you have only served to turn the Mexican people further against you.

We offer the Emperor the chance to end this war now before many more Mexican workers needlessly die to win their freedom.

From Chile:

To Leftist Mexico

Withdraw from those Islands or they shall be wrested from your hands. They are of no military importance and will only bring us to war with you and join yet the increasing list of nations fighting against you.

To Germany:
Chilean troops shall not simply leave when they have tasted the fruits of victory. We cannot speak for Parguay but we will be willing to discuss this in private.

To La Plata Republic:
We urge you to hold elections in your country to ensure that this is what your people want.

Top Bottom