A Brave New World Part 2

OOC: I guess that's why Korea's in it and we're allied with the Slavs and the Chinese.

But look at Nazi Germany in WW II, just because they thought that any Non-Aryan race was inferior didn't stop them from allying or making treaties with Italy, Japan, and Russia (albiet for a very short time .....)

OOC: I guess that's why Korea's in it and we're allied with the Slavs and the Chinese.

I'm pretty sure that racists know good opportunities when they see them.

But I don't see the co-axial pact as racist, personally. Just reactionaries and class oppressors.

I'm pretty sure that racists know good opportunities when they see them.

But I don't see the co-axial pact as racist, personally. Just reactionaries and class oppressors.

OOC: Yeah, that's a little closer to the truth. The C-APN certainly has a reactionary theme, partly due to fledgling empires wanting to flex their muscle (Korea), partly due to lisist hiccoughs in many of the host nations (France, Georgia), and the rest go with it in the name of stopping communism. As for class oppressors, well, that's a bit harsh, isn't it? ;)

As a matter of fact France was the first to end slavery and for the longest time cherished freedom of the individual as the central purpose of its nationhood. That has since changed, but statism is statism and, in truth, there is little different in the way France's economy is run and, say, the way Mexico's economy is run. That Initiative wasn't just a lot of hot air, you know. And it's not like Communism exactly breeds freedom, either.

tl;dr: lisism vs. communism is a battle of hypocrites fought for absolutely no reason. That's what makes it so much fun.

But look at Nazi Germany in WW II, just because they thought that any Non-Aryan race was inferior didn't stop them from allying or making treaties with Italy, Japan, and Russia (albiet for a very short time .....)
Didn't Nazi idealogues decide that many Italians were Aryan, due to the Lombards and various other groups?

Didn't Nazi idealogues decide that many Italians were Aryan, due to the Lombards and various other groups?

To say nothing of the concept of "honorary Aryans" :crazyeye:.

OOC: Yeah, that's a little closer to the truth. The C-APN certainly has a reactionary theme, partly due to fledgling empires wanting to flex their muscle (Korea), partly due to lisist hiccoughs in many of the host nations (France, Georgia), and the rest go with it in the name of stopping communism. As for class oppressors, well, that's a bit harsh, isn't it? ;)

As a matter of fact France was the first to end slavery and for the longest time cherished freedom of the individual as the central purpose of its nationhood. That has since changed, but statism is statism and, in truth, there is little different in the way France's economy is run and, say, the way Mexico's economy is run. That Initiative wasn't just a lot of hot air, you know. And it's not like Communism exactly breeds freedom, either.

tl;dr: lisism vs. communism is a battle of hypocrites fought for absolutely no reason. That's what makes it so much fun.

OOC: Yeah, you go to the extremes, and they start to resemble each other; Fascists, who are supposed to be "far right", for some reason have an obsession with nationalizing banks. And no, Communsits aren't really famous for freedom either. Frankly, I kind of wonder whether North Korea could be described as fascist (certainly not economically, but socially that would not be hard to argue).

SUSA joins England and Argentina in refusing to recognize the independence of Ovambia. We find it ironic that the whites seek independence while denying it to the Africans whom they enslave.

SUSA joins England and Argentina in refusing to recognize the independence of Ovambia. We find it ironic that the whites seek independence while denying it to the Africans whom they enslave.

Two layers of slavery doesn't make a right. ;)

Louisiana would like to remind the nations of North America that the North American Cultural Fair will be taking place this year in New Orleans. We would also like to remind Georgia that you are banned from it due to your threats. We will have a grand ole party without you.

@Circuit: yes, though it's subject to what sort of story it is and whether or not you intend it to be made in your own country. There's no way a communist silent film is going to be successful when all those wonderful Russian movies are out there.

The Swedish Empire does not ackknowlege the nation of Ovambia, due to the inherantly racist and depravating dictatorship that appears to be ruling.We implore other European Nations to do the same, and help eventuate freedom for all people within your own nations, and accross the world.

To: King Kamehameha VI of the Hawaiian Islands

If it is to be your final act as esteemed Leader of these Islands, then so be it. However, we do advise caution. At the current time, you have vestiges of Independance, and your people have their own Governance. We would recommend a plebiscite on this matter, and let your Loyal Subjects choose. While they may be fiercely loyal to you, They may be less receptive of a King thousands of miles away in Stockholm.
As for full interation of the Islands into the Empire, we would ensure that Hawaii maintained and developed its cultural heritage and significance, while allowing its economy to grow and prosper. We do believe that the Hawaiian people have a highly developed cultural independance that stems from years of effiecient and non-invasive ruling by yourself and your forebears. If Hawaii become a full member of the Empire, rest assured, no culture would be lost.
Ultimately the choice is up to you, but should your will come to pass, The Rikstag in Stockholm will be fully able to accomodate Representatives of the Hawaiian Islands, until the establishment of your own Parliament occurs in the future.

Should your wish be to integrate, we would pass reforms of the entire Empire, bringing the seperate States of Norway, Sweden and Hawaii into existance, under the Federal Government of the Empire.

Should your wish be to break away, and leave the Protectorate, then you have and always will have our military backing, economic ties and ultimately, our firm friendship.

I believe that should you wish to abdicate, then leave it to your people who you have presided over for so many years now to determine the course of their nation.

Yours Faithfully,

Felix Gustav V
King of the Swedish Empire and all Her Dominions across the Oceans.

OOC: Do the Yellow nations in Africa and the Islands East of Australia, North of New Zealand belong to me, if so, what are they?? I have long pondered this, and wondered whose they are!!

OOC: Do the Yellow nations in Africa and the Islands East of Australia, North of New Zealand belong to me, if so, what are they?? I have long pondered this, and wondered whose they are!!

Yes, they are yours, and so are the Bahamas.

@flyinchicken; to be honest cities are mostly just reference points for me when doing the update and for setting up new nations in already populated territory. I find the map I've been using handy for just that reason. The Swedes hold everything along the river from Shanghai to Nanjing, and territory to the south as well. New England well, I just picked random cities to give them along the coast, so pick out some good cities and a large amount of territory, and all will be well. The only specific city I could list woulld be Hong Kong, which is definitely part of New England.

To Louisiana
From Deseret

We will attend the fair, please mark us down.

To Ovambia
From Deseret

We will not recognize your independence, slavery is illegal and until you change that the nation of Deseret will not acknowledge you.

To Georgia
From Deseret
CC: Gulf Alliance

We consider your recent threats against Louisiana a threat. The Louisianian troops has the right to fire upon any craft, troop, or airship that breaches their space. In our eyes Louisiana did the right thing, and we will stand by them should you continue your threats.

To: Sweden, Hawaii

The UCNA would like to remind Sweden that part of the terms of the peace between the Mexican Revolutionary coalition and the Swedish Empire many years ago were that Hawaii remain a separate nation from Sweden.

To: The world

The UCNA recognizes the independence of Ovambia however we do not recognize the current Klannist government of Ovambia as the legitimate representatives of the people. The people of these lands deserve freedom and equality not oppression and slavery from either the Haitian Empire or a white aristocracy.

To: Sweden, Hawaii

The UCNA would like to remind Sweden that part of the terms of the peace between the Mexican Revolutionary coalition and the Swedish Empire many years ago were that Hawaii remain a separate nation from Sweden.

Yes, that may be so, but we will not force this upon them. If the people of Hawaii choose, then so be it. You cannot deny them the right of self determination, and if these people decide to be part of the Greater Empire of Sweden, then that is their wish, and we shall respect and follow their wishes.

We would advise caution in attempting to interfere with the determinative rights of Hawaii and their choice.

Ovambia laughs at the hypocrisy of nations such as Sweden and SUSA who refuse to recognize Ovambia for holding slaves when they themselves hold their own slaves in the form of their colonies and nations that they have unwillingly annexed.

And to the UCNA who calls our government Klannist we have no ties with the Klan and never have. Rather we are simple farmers who have long been content under Virginian rule until recent events until we were forced to take action to protect our lives and property. All men have the right to protect their lives and property and that is all we have been doing.

Top Bottom