a bug with scientific leaders?

Sukenis

the J'BOOtian Warlord
For my first game with the C3C 1.2 patch, I decided to take the advise about not building any wonders (in helping to move from monarch to emperor) and to go completely random with map and civ from the war academy.

My random civ was Byzantium, and I did not start any wonders. Low and behold, I got 3 scientific leaders in the first age, and 2 in the second (I had 2 techs in the third before 1.22 came out and I could not play the game any more). I used all 5 scientific leaders to rush wonders (I had 3 at one time and needed to get rid of them).

Was this a bug in patch 1.2? In all my other games, I had gotten maybe 5 total scientific leaders (being a scientific civ many times). This just seemed like a bit too much.

I am in my first C3C 1.22 game as the Americans (random) and have yet to get a leader. I have been behind in tech almost the entire game, and am not a scientific civ so I am not sure if the same pattern would happen. I have noticed many civ's building wonders more quickly than they should (a few turns after getting the required tech).

Its not a bug, you just got extremely lucky. Enjoy those SGL while you have them, I've went entire games without getting a single one.:(

Top Bottom