A bunch of new previews

Thanks.

Also Nunor, how do you get these damn previews so fast?

Only new things I saw are the screens of Kris swordsman and Abe Lincoln scenario setup.

I hope Indonesia has a little more to it's UA than they're letting out. So far, in every preview I;ve seen Indonesia's had all it's cities on one continent, rendering the UA useless. If that's it, then hopefully it'll have some powerful UB to supplement it.

The Eurogamer Spain one mentions "The Time Machine" ("La maquina del tiempo") By H.G Wells (i doesn't mentions Wells, but is kinda given) as a great work.

We didn't know about that one right?

New Venturebeat preview with exclusive (if I am not mistaken) Ed Beach quotes:
http://venturebeat.com/2013/05/17/c...n-feels-like-a-culture-club-hands-on-preview/

Ed Beach said:
We’ve been playtesting culture victory games for quite a while now to make sure we get the balance right,” he said. “During that time, we’ve had significant changes to how difficult it is to win the culture game. The biggest shift came when we finished tuning up the A.I. to really play the culture game effectively. It’s definitely a challenge now; I have no fears that it is too easy.
In fact, in some games, when faced with a really dominant cultural A.I. such as France or Brazil [note: In my game, the Zulus crushed Brazil early], you might have to steer in another direction. It’s the equivalent of trying to win a Conquest victory when you are in the same game with Attila and Genghis.

The more interesting quote from Ed Beach is this one.
But when you do reach those later stages of the game, the World Congress continues its evolution and does become the U.N.
That suggests that it happens automatically, presumably when a tech is reached.

Both of the English articles in the OP describe the WC as too easy to control. That's worrying..

Edit: The venturebeat article says
In the modern era, I was getting significant amounts — I was able to establish new trade caravans with city states when the gosh-darned Zulus passed the trade embargo, which shut down my trade caravans with them (oddly enough, I could still trade luxury and strategic resources through the Diplomacy screen), and establish a new revenue stream.

That seems odd, an Embargo should prevent the civ from sending caravans to CSs and trading lux/strat resources imo.

Both of the English articles in the OP describe the WC as too easy to control. That's worrying..

Edit: The venturebeat article says

That seems odd, an Embargo should prevent the civ from sending caravans to CSs and trading lux/strat resources imo.

Perhaps he meant a ban on trading luxes with City-States.

Wow I'm really excited about the new civs and the world congress even if it is op:crazyeye:

It's a bit important to know which difficulty they are playing it on. If you play on settler then obviously everything will be easy, bit more worrisome if they can control the WC on higher difficulties.

It's a bit important to know which difficulty they are playing it on. If you play on settler then obviously everything will be easy, bit more worrisome if they can control the WC on higher difficulties.
Oh yah thats right. On the first preview they were playing on cheiftan.
Well then I wonder what it's like at King.

Hmm. I wonder which wonders will give you extra delegates...

Personally The Versailles would make sense (as in Treaty of Versailles)..but I doubt we'd be seeing it.

It really would be a good choice but I thought all the new wonders were announced already.

Top Bottom