A few questions on various quirks.

1. Has anyone else gotten this weird glitch on the replay graph where a phantom line appears that doesn't go away even if you turn off each civ's stats?

2. Does the replay graph also show terrain? Since I'm not completely sure if there was desert in the tan area in this picture but I'm afraid it may be a graphical error. If so, why didn't they make the in-game minimap also show terrain? I know empty land eventually gets covered up but it would be nice to keep track of what terrain types are present in the early game.

3. Why is it that the tooltip that pops up when you hover over a tile always says that it's owned by "Player 1" instead of the civ/leader name, or when you denouce someone it says "You have denouced Player" instead of the same? Has it always been like this since release?

4. Is it possible to have more than one defensive pact active with the same civ at one time? Do defensive pacts expire once one of you gets DoW'd on? In one game I had they kept expiring and I swear I had more than one with the same civ at some point, though I didn't check the deal history screen often.

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0024.jpg
    Civ5Screen0024.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 100
  • Civ5Screen0023.jpg
    Civ5Screen0023.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 136
4. Yes, you can have defensive pacts with multiple civilizations and they only end on their last turn deal.

I meant more than one with the same civ. I swear it happened once, but yeah I think I might have just been confusing Open Borders expirations with Defensive Pact expirations somehow.

So can anyone else answer some of my other questions?

I haven't finished a game since the last patch, so I can't answer your first questions. But:

4. Unless it was changed in the last patch, defensive pacts do end if either of you is DoWed. So if civs A and B DoW you in that order, your ally will only DoW civ A. Which sucks (I haven't signed a Defensive Pact since the patch, so this may have been changed). After 30 turns, the defensive pact expires automatically. And no, you can't have more than one signed with the same civ.

I haven't finished a game since the last patch, so I can't answer your first questions. But:

4. Unless it was changed in the last patch, defensive pacts do end if either of you is DoWed. So if civs A and B DoW you in that order, your ally will only DoW civ A. Which sucks (I haven't signed a Defensive Pact since the patch, so this may have been changed). After 30 turns, the defensive pact expires automatically. And no,you can't have more than one signed with the same civ.

pretty much to the opposite of what i underlined

I didn't want to confuse the OP, nor to undermine your post. I just wanted to make sure that this issue was known, so that you didn't say they didn't expire just because it makes sense, but because they actually don't anymore. The changelog from the last patch didn't mention this change, that's why I felt if was necessary to make the point.

I'm glad that they fixed this issue, then.

Top Bottom