A few questions

fallout03

Chieftain
I have some questions about the way the game works. I have read through the forums but cant seem to find all the answers. I will try to keep them clear and to the point.

1) Is there a way to exclude a resource from being shipped to Europe while still allowing my ships to export and import within my colonies?

2) Can I manually create trade routes? Auto trade is ok but not as efficient.

3) Does refusing the Homeland money result faster tax increases?

4) Is there anyway to slow the tax rate increase?

5) Sometimes my colonists become automated without my knowledge. Is there a way to stop the game from doing this? (maybe a bug?)

6) In the Civilopedia, under transport, it mentions the ship type “Indiaman”. I can not seem to find how to get one. (Perhaps they forgot to include it?)

7) I read that increasing liberty bells will increase alarm. I am trying to not produce liberty bells but this makes it hard to compete against the other nations because they are snapping up all the founding fathers. Is there another tactic? Or another way to win founding fathers?

8) I wish to obtain military support from the King but he always tells me that he will decide when to supply it. People on here have spoken of buying units from the king but how?

9) I have been trading with the Indians but they run out of gold quickly. Do they rebuild their gold stock or is that all they get?

10) Is there a way to start trading in a boycotted item once again? Some sort of penalty fee or something?

11) The armory and its upgrades state they are required to build canons and artillery. I can build the canons but what about the artillery? Do you need a certain prerequisite like a founding father to build these?

12) My importing wagons just seem to keep importing goods and my colonies just keep throwing them away. Is there a way to set an import amount similar to the way you can set an amount for exporting?

13) When buying a stack of goods, in Europe, is there a way to see how much it will cost before you make the purchase? Besides counting with your fingers I mean :)

14) Is there a way to adjust the display of the game so your colonies don’t spread out over several squares? Kinda stupid having it like that as you can’t see improvements underneath and it gets important when you have ai pillaging your improvements. (I know u can mouse over but it is gay having to do it that way.)

15) It says that when u have 200 food you get a colonist but it seems to only happen for me around the 400 mark. Is there something I am missing or is it a mistake in the game?

16) Sometimes I receive a message Native Settlement X now desires Y and then the same message and same village except it says now desires Z. Does this mean it desires both or is it just a bit buggy? These 2 messages appear in the same turn within secs of each other.

17) When a settlement desires a certain item does it mean they will pay more for it?

18) Is there a way to train free colonists to become Veteran Soldiers?

19) When trading with natives are all settlements link completely or will one give a better price even if it is the same nation?

20) Can you trade with other nations after they have crushed their rebel colonies? I enter a European settlement and it gives me the menu with the trade option but it doesn’t seem to work.

Ok so that was more than a few questions. As I said I had a look through the forums but couldn't find the answers to my questions. There are a lot of posts so I am sure I have missed some so if you know a link to a post that can help then please post it. Cheers everyone.

Im wondering if someone can answer #9, it seems that they make money back very! slowly, its like the amount of land they have or number of cities is relative to how much they get back, those last few settlements of injuns sometimes have 0 gold for sooo long.

1) i dont understand, why take anything back to EU you dont want to sell?

2) i thought the tutorial mentioned it, but i paid it no mind

3) pretty sure it does

4) dutch? have the 100% time between tax rate increases, only thing i know of

5) theres a little lock button to keep units where you put em

6) dunno, no such thing i think

7) you can 'manufacture' FF points instead of say a dock

8) if yer nice (pay him tribute) he sometimes gives you a unit if you ask

9) need to know

10) never, you cant buy it OR sell it

11) arty are special units for kings only, i think in the decription it says its a 'unique unit'

12) dont use it, dunno

13) use toes too

14) mouse over in a more non-gay way

15) as soon as you hit 200+ in storage, you gain a colonist. transport food to your main city to have them pop out there ready for schooling etc.

16) i think it means that it will pay premiums for both, i usually use alt-s to remind me of the other not on display

17) i think yes

18) no

19) i think different villages of the same tribe will give different rates for products they want, otherwise what would be the point

20) never tried

1) Is there a way to exclude a resource from being shipped to Europe while still allowing my ships to export and import within my colonies?

That's why I said exclude. I don't want my food shipped back to Europe but I still want my ships to pick it up and transport it to my capital so I get new colonists.

9) I have been trading with the Indians but they run out of gold quickly. Do they rebuild their gold stock or is that all they get?

I am beginning to think things like this are a balance problem that I am sure they will eventually fix in a patch.

Thanx for taking the time to read and respond.

2) yes, inside you own colonies.. PM me if you want to know.. I don't have time to write it here...

Top Bottom