A few questions...

Scandinavian

Chieftain
Hi,

I have now played for a couple of weeks or so and I have a few questions:

1. If I get a veteran soldier from Europe and he joins a settlement; does he count to the garrison ? He is not visible in the garrison overview on the settlement screen ?

2. I have noticed that resources can be stored in the settlement, even though that it was not visible on any tile at time of settlement ? For instance cotton is often stored without expecting it (not visible).

3. If I get immigrants from Europe and I want them to join another settlement than the one they were unloaded at, I get the message that this immigrant cannot join after having moved. Is that an error or what ?

4. How can it be that a converted native can be offered to learn the special skill from a tribe where he comes from ? (He should have learned by now).

Hi,

I have now played for a couple of weeks or so and I have a few questions:

1. If I get a veteran soldier from Europe and he joins a settlement; does he count to the garrison ? He is not visible in the garrison overview on the settlement screen ?
If you actually join him to the settlement, then he can work a tile or in a building. Because of this, he will not display in the garrison, but rather on the left hand side of the city screen (or, if he is assigned to a tile, above the garrison box). You can keep him in the garrison if you just fortify him on the city tile.

2. I have noticed that resources can be stored in the settlement, even though that it was not visible on any tile at time of settlement ? For instance cotton is often stored without expecting it (not visible).
Unless a ship or wagon train comes along, yes, your resources are not actually physically represented but rather stored in the city. You cannot move resources around on their own.

3. If I get immigrants from Europe and I want them to join another settlement than the one they were unloaded at, I get the message that this immigrant cannot join after having moved. Is that an error or what ?
No, this is actually a feature (or at least not a bug). Just wait a turn and then you'll be able to join him to the settlement.

4. How can it be that a converted native can be offered to learn the special skill from a tribe where he comes from ? (He should have learned by now).
Yeah, a few other people have raised this point too. In an unofficial patch released on these forums, it was changed so that converted natives cannot learn the skill of their village.

The answer you are looking for is why you are generating cotton (for example) at all? The center tile in your settlement screen probably is a plains tile, which automatically generates food and the resource, cotton, without actually assigning a worker.

Top Bottom