A guide to playing a Pitboss game.

After going the Direct IP Screen, it says connected to host, but then there is CTD with a runtime error. I had BUG installed, but I have reinstalled 3.17. Will I have to reinstall BTS to fix the error or is it something else?
Game seems to be working fine for me. Does BUG affect the game files in the normal game? If so, then you'll probably need to uninstall BUG to run 3.17 properly. If there's no way to uninstall BUG then you may need to reinstall BTS. When you're reinstalling, you might like to do a dual install - one install with 3.17, and one with BUG.

I don't think BUG by itself would cause CTD, but unofficial patches certainly would...

BUG is what?

BUG entirely uses the CustomAssets folder. I use it and can confirm that it doesn't effect multiplayer play at all.

Does the turn player need to have BUG installed on their machine?

No........

Does anyone know how entering pitboss games while running a mod such as BUG affects stability?

Also, what happens if you join a pitboss game while running a mod that does alter gameplay?

You cannot join the game if you have a mod loaded that changes the common assets in any way.

You cannot join the game if you have a mod loaded that changes the common assets in any way.
Indeed. First unload the mod, then load the pitboss game. ;)

It's important since if you exit to desktop, you leave the server in a suspended state and it will need to be restarted.

Because the game closes the game before terminating the network connection which might cause it to hang which might disrupt the pitboss causing it to lagg / freeze / hang eventually leading to the need for a restart...

Top Bottom