[GS] A little bit of help finding resources

Bakkstory1

Chieftain
(Disclaimer) I'm a little bit (A lot) hopeless at forum browsing, so I'm hoping some kind soul might help me find the resources i need.

I want to replace the Palace with a Unique building.
I want to create a non-replace UU that scales through each age and create special promotions for it.
I want to replace a district with a Unique District.

The best thing to do is to look at the game files (under C:\[...]\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\Gameplay\Data) and at other mods, to learn how things are done.
About your questions:
1. I don't think you can replace the palace. Instead, you can just add modifiers to the player's capital.
2. I think you can scale a unit through the ages, but I don't think you can change its promotions. You can add modifiers with requirements like REQUIREMENT_PLAYER_ERA_AT_LEAST or REQUIREMENT_GAME_ERA_AT_LEAST to both the units and its promotions (if it has a unique promotion class), so it might produce the same effect.

3. That's the easiest. You can just enter Data\Districts.xml and follow DISTRICT_LARVA through the file to learn what to do, but if you want a full guide or a template I can work something out

The best thing to do is to look at the game files (under C:\[...]\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\Gameplay\Data) and at other mods, to learn how things are done.
About your questions:
1. I don't think you can replace the palace. Instead, you can just add modifiers to the player's capital.
2. I think you can scale a unit through the ages, but I don't think you can change its promotions. You can add modifiers with requirements like REQUIREMENT_PLAYER_ERA_AT_LEAST or REQUIREMENT_GAME_ERA_AT_LEAST to both the units and its promotions (if it has a unique promotion class), so it might produce the same effect.

3. That's the easiest. You can just enter Data\Districts.xml and follow DISTRICT_LARVA through the file to learn what to do, but if you want a full guide or a template I can work something out
Thank you. As for the first one, is there a way to make a Unique wonder only 1 certain civ can make? And I thought I saw units can have custom promotion tables. Like Deadpool in super civs.

Thank you. As for the first one, is there a way to make a Unique wonder only 1 certain civ can make? And I thought I saw units can have custom promotion tables. Like Deadpool in super civs.

for the unique wonders-question, you could search on Steam for the mod „Civ Specific Wonders“ there you can see how this can be achieved, you must make a new civ trait, but that is only true if this method from the mod still works.

for the custom promotion tables for units, here i dont know unfortunately.

Yes, units can have custom promotions. Again, just look at UnitPromotions.xml and if you need help, tell us.

Top Bottom