A More Perfect Union

Session -1 (Pre-game)

Announcements:
  • Each Senator and Representative may intoduce 1 bill.
  • Congress votes on bills from last session.
  • This session can be ended early if congress does not require the full time.
Spoiler Congressional Votes :

The following bills are before Congress for votes to be sent to the President [YES/NO]
  • HR-1275-1 : Every city must construct a monument. (introduced by dot80)
  • SEN-1275-1 : The power to determine settling locations shall be allocated to the President and the legislators where a simple majority determines the result. (introduced by Rudragun)

Session Closes: Friday, 16 September 2011, 22:00 GMT-6

Spoiler United States Government :

President: Ceskari : Communist Party

Senators:
Washington: Rudragun : America First Party

Representatives:
Washington-1: dot80 : Rattlesnake Party

Spoiler Cities :

Washington
Founded in 1275 AD
Citizens: 2
Players: 14
Output: 4 :c5food:, 4 :c5production:, 8 :c5gold:, 5 :c5science:, 3 :c5culture:, 16 :c5strength:, Affluence: 7680
Per Capita Affluence Bonus: 1.4%
Buildings: Palace, Granary, Monument
Wonders: None
Senator: Rudragun America First Party
Representatives:
Washington-1 dot80 Rattlesnake Party
Spoiler Washington :

Spoiler Player List :

Ceskari : Communist Party , Washington , 0 pts , President ,
chgrogers : no party - , Washington , 0 pts ,
DefoesRightBoot : America First Party , Washington , 0 pts ,
dot80 : Rattlesnake Party , Washington , 0 pts , Representative (Washington-1) ,
Gigagar : Horned Owl Party - , Washington , 0 pts ,
Jehoshua : America First Party , Washington , 0 pts ,
LucienX : no party - , Washington , 0 pts ,
Omega124 : Rattlesnake Party , Washington , 0 pts ,
Rudragun : America First Party , Washington , 0 pts , Senator (Washington) ,
ShadowNX : Communist Party , Washington , 0 pts ,
Spicerman : America First Party , Washington , 0 pts ,
Steel Knight : Expanionist Party - , Washington , 0 pts ,
Tambien : MOR Party , Washington , 0 pts ,
Triskelli : no party - , Washington , 0 pts ,

Spoiler Political Parties :

America First Party : Members: 4 , Status: Minor Party , 33% Control of Government
Communist Party : Members: 2 , Status: Minor Party , 33% Control of Government
Expanionist Party : - Members: 1 , Status: Minor Party , 0% Control of Government (haven't had chance to load party symbol yet)
Horned Owl Party : - Members: 1 , Status: Minor Party , 0% Control of Government
MOR Party : Members: 1 , Status: Minor Party , 0% Control of Government
no party : - Members: 3 , Status: (gets included in minor party primaries)
Rattlesnake Party : Members: 2 , Status: Minor Party , 33% Control of Government

Spoiler Military Units :

National Guard
2nd Company : Pikemen : Lvl 1 ( Sentry, Embarkation, Bonus vs Mounted 100% )

Expeditionary Forces
1st Company : Pikemen : Lvl 1 ( Sentry, Embarkation, Bonus vs Mounted 100% ) CW Explore 3 hex radius around Washington
3rd Company : Pikemen : Lvl 1 ( Sentry, Embarkation, Bonus vs Mounted 100% ) Explore S along Potomac River

Civil Servants
Worker 1
Settler 1

I'm back from my moose hunt, refreshed after a week in glorious nature! I won't go to the details, but there was a huge brown bear spotted nearby that the locals said has scared the moose so none of them came to shooting range. FWIW; I did throw a party to everyone involved, and they all got a pin to commemorate the event. Nature conservation will be on the Communist agenda from now on, and I am thinking of ways to explore the wilderness and set up National Parks as wildlife sanctuaries.

(IRL: The hunting group texted me as I was on the train home that they had shot two young moose. Well, I will be allocated some of the meat anyway so I'm good.)

Ok because Yahzuk said that this would be easier to be a part of I'll join but I live in Australia so I'm sorta out of the loop when it comes to things. But otherwise count me in as a member of the great Communist Party of America. May Order in the great American Soviet be delivered to all of the workers.

Ok because Yahzuk said that this would be easier to be a part of I'll join but I live in Australia so I'm sorta out of the loop when it comes to things. But otherwise count me in as a member of the great Communist Party of America. May Order in the great American Soviet be delivered to all of the workers.

Welcome Comrade !!!

It is dissapointing that you would betray your co-nationalists for those communist scum.

In more ways then one I might add :p

I am happy to report that the membership of the Communist Party has risen at a rate of 50 % per annum. Very soon we will be no "minor party" at all! Welcome TaintedTamt!

I think I'm ready to jump into this now. I shall be forming the American Sporting Gentlemens' Party.

The ASGP holds four core values.
1. America is the only truly civilised nation and it is her destiny to bring peace and good manners to the rest of the world, but as a superior nation we must always show politeness to those beneath us
2. There is a natural social order to the world, there are those who are born to rule and those who are born to press our suits and pour our brandy
3. In any competition, be it martial or social, it is essential to always uphold the values of good sportsmanship, victory should be celebrated in a dignified fashion and defeat accepted with grace and congratulations to those who have bested us
4. Tea and cricket are the essential foundations of civilised society

Our legislative agenda will focus on tradition, piety and patronage as core values of the nation and ensuring that the tea supply is not disrupted.
We shall consider working with any parties who can demonstrate impeccable politeness in addition to values that are compatible with our own.

I think I'm ready to jump into this now. I shall be forming the American Sporting Gentlemens' Party.

The ASGP holds four core values.
1. America is the only truly civilised nation and it is her destiny to bring peace and good manners to the rest of the world, but as a superior nation we must always show politeness to those beneath us
2. There is a natural social order to the world, there are those who are born to rule and those who are born to press our suits and pour our brandy
3. In any competition, be it martial or social, it is essential to always uphold the values of good sportsmanship, victory should be celebrated in a dignified fashion and defeat accepted with grace and congratulations to those who have bested us
4. Tea and cricket are the essential foundations of civilised society

Our legislative agenda will focus on tradition, piety and patronage as core values of the nation and ensuring that the tea supply is not disrupted.
We shall consider working with any parties who can demonstrate impeccable politeness in addition to values that are compatible with our own.

This sounds very up with the bourgeoisie and down with the workers. As a member of the communist party it is my job to see our goals come first. Yours sound almost fascist in nature.

I must protest your use of the word 'fascist', it makes baseless insinuations against the lofty ideals of the ASGP. As to the rest of your analysis, to elevate or lower any group would be disruptive to the natural social order and is against the values of the ASGP.

4. Tea and cricket are the essential foundations of civilised society.

The importance of tea and the most noble sport of Cricket in the constitution of a civilised society is indeed of utmost importance. The AFP is indeed most pleased that the ASGP recognises these things, and civility in upholding the greater good of the American Nation.

-

OOC: tea and cricket, thank God someone recognises that they are the mark of true civilisation, unlike those barbaric americans with their *shudders* baseball and coffee :p

ooc: Coffee ftw. Tea sucks. And i don't like cricket or baseball. More like football.

Anyway so are we supposed to vote on each others bills? Do they just become law because we proposed them?

Anyway so are we supposed to vote on each others bills? Do they just become law because we proposed them?

Yes - The votes for each house of congress are taken separately. As each house currently has only 1 congressman, that effectively means for this session that you each are deciding whether to pass forward or kill each other's bills. (Assuming you intend to vote in favor of your own bill.......And don't worry the single congressman per house is a situation that won't last long)

No - The bills don't become law just because you proposed them. They don't even become laws because you voted for them. The bills that pass both houses go to the President next session. If he signs them, they become law. For more details, review post #1 with the complete rules.

Also - each congressman gets to propose another bill this session. The bills proposed this session, will be voted on next session, and will go to the President during the following session.

Next session (while the President is signing/vetoing the bills voted on during this session, and congress while be voting on the bills proposed this session) each congressman will get to propose yet another bill, which will be voted on during the following session and sent to the President the session after that.

It's taken a couple of sessions to put this flywheel into motion, but once we get it spinning it just keeps going and going.

I have decided to Join a Political party.

The American Sporting Gentleman's Club.

I would also like to join the settler party and make my residence in the new city.

American Sporting Gentlemans' Party, my good fellow, but we are most pleased to have you on board.

ooc: As a Brit I instinctively recognise the true markers of a civilised society :p

I

Hark to the words of the Redcoat traitors who try to regain the imperialist rule and subjugate the True 'Murkins! We dumped the tea in the sea in order to never hear from the likes of you again! Workers of America, Unite against the Internal Foe and confiscate their cricket bats! Better yet, make USE of them! :lol:

SEN-1275-1 : The power to determine settling locations shall be allocated to the President and the legislators where a simple majority determines the result. (introduced by Rudragun)

What do you mean by legislators? House? Senate?

Hark to the words of the Redcoat traitors who try to regain the imperialist rule and subjugate the True 'Murkins! We dumped the tea in the sea in order to never hear from the likes of you again! Workers of America, Unite against the Internal Foe and confiscate their cricket bats! Better yet, make USE of them! :lol:

Now look here, old bean, we at the American Sporting Gentlemans' Party would appreciate it if you could tone down the language a bit. Your claims that we are traitors just aren't on, aren't you the ones associated with red anyway?
If you don't temper the language a bit I'm afraid the ASGP will need to have a jolly good chin-wag about what to do with you blighters.

Top Bottom