A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two things, don't know if they've been mentioned:

- Game freezes, as in, you press enter and it just freezes, no spinning globe. This is on only a large map with 8 civs and just beginning the industrial era. I haven't been able to get past the uploaded save. Reloading a few turns back, and it freezes at the same date. This is latest versions of ROM + AND. Default settings + ideology, zoo, nimby, domestic, farming, water, transport, misc, towers.

- The AI stepping in to ask you to make peace can bypass vassalage, you can be at peace with the vassal and at war with the master.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1220-January.CivBeyondSwordSave
    863 KB · Views: 45
Just an observance, i noticed that between 1.70 and 1.73beta there has been a drastic addon of in-between turns wait. It used to be like 15 sec and now its getting between 30-45 per turn and i am only on classic era, with 15 civs on a 150X75 map, (i used to play this map back then also).

Also i have not added anything to the beta as far as religions/units/modcomps anything, just imagine if i did that the way i used to?

I reinstalled ROM w/ current patch and then AND 1.72 with Patch B. no other mods installed. I started a new game, played for a few hours. Went to load a save and it crashes every time. Attached is a save file that crashes.

Afforess,

any word on this? I did a 2nd game and initially the saves would load fine, but later in the game (around when I was researching Feudalism) the saves stopped working.

Attached here is another save that also crashes right after it loads the graphics.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0710.CivBeyondSwordSave
    469.9 KB · Views: 48
- Game freezes, as in, you press enter and it just freezes, no spinning globe. This is on only a large map with 8 civs and just beginning the industrial era. I haven't been able to get past the uploaded save. Reloading a few turns back, and it freezes at the same date. This is latest versions of ROM + AND. Default settings + ideology, zoo, nimby, domestic, farming, water, transport, misc, towers.

That's literally the exact same problem me and a bunch of other people have been having with previous versions as described in this thread:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=360868

At least when it happens to me, it's still Renaissance Age, just a turn or two or so until the Industrial Age

There is a bug where your empire suddenly doesn't have access to a resource even though you still have access to it on the map. I have seen this bug before with earlier versions of AND where it affected Stone and Marble. In a current game I now have the problem with Iron. I have at least 2 Iron resources in my empire, non depleted, and at the beginning of this turn my empire reports as having no Iron and all my Swordsmen had to stop being built. I had never seen this problem before resource depletion, though I can't be certain they are related.

Spoiler :

Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {Resource Refinement} {War Prizes} {Espionage Process} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Civic Buildings} {No Storms} {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} Formations {Mega Civ Patch} {Better RoM} Withdraw Depletion Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Improved Artwork} {Airbase Range} {Civic Diplomacy} {Better Air Interception} Wilderness

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:
C:\Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
Windows

Attached are the saved game and the previous autosave.

One possible issue, in the current game I'm playing, I had removed the resource requirements on the Fisherman's Hut and Fish Traps buildings. I had also removed the Poacher building because I was sick of looking at it. Everything else is standard AND 1.72 patch B. I don't think these changes will affect loading my saved games.

Has no one else ever seen this bug where one of your resources suddenly shows as having 0 available instead of the amount you possess? This is the third time I've seen it. If it is just me, I'll just turn resource depletion off and move on and see if it happens again, but I figure someone else must have seen it.

Guys, I've pretty much abandoned the official release, it's too buggy. The beta is stable from all reports, and bug-free. Please use that instead.

Use 1.73 beta, NOT 1.72.

donno, running 1.72b not single crash so far. im 1835 BC tho ...

ya i'm currently running 1.72b and no problems yet........in the renaissance(spelling) atm tho and looks like the probs are near end of this era beginning of industrial so we'll see....
on a side not looks like any city can build a guild once the hall was built..dont like this... every turn every city is asking to build em but i alrdy got the 3 i'm using in this game in every city so maybe change it bk to needing the hall to build

I did not get any CTDs myself either. I just stopped because the newer beta games have cooler horizons for me to go to :lol:. I suspect a certain number of modmod(s) included in AND conflicted terribly with the newer Better AI beta merged into SDK. So Afforess just went to the root of the problem for some people with problems. I'm very confident he will figure out what went wrong later :).

I'm on 1.70 here, should I go to Beta?

I am playing 1.72 with Advanced Diplomacy off and I still have the fog of war bug. It can't be Advanced Diplomacy then.

I suppose the latest beta is incompatible with 1.72. I was particularly enjoying my recent game.

Suggestion about calculating power rating:

Why computer doesn't take into account promotions/exp amount when sorting out relative army strengths?

Army of 5 units with 100-120 exp each isn't equal to army freshly out of barracks - it will shred it in pieces. I'm currently playing Korea, have relatively small (numbers wise) army but they all have lots of promotions and tear apart any army coming close to my cities, yet i have 0.1-0.3 power rating to npcs and they keep wardeccing me :(

Also, diplomacy wise - after i kill 5-8 units of enemy he's "willing to negotiate" but when asked what is the price for peace keeps refusing me (i don't have any techs or gold to offer in trade), and it doesn't matter that i already killed like 50 of their units ... Something needs to be fixed here i think.

Suggestion about calculating power rating:

Why computer doesn't take into account promotions/exp amount when sorting out relative army strengths?

Army of 5 units with 100-120 exp each isn't equal to army freshly out of barracks - it will shred it in pieces. I'm currently playing Korea, have relatively small (numbers wise) army but they all have lots of promotions and tear apart any army coming close to my cities, yet i have 0.1-0.3 power rating to npcs and they keep wardeccing me :(

Also, diplomacy wise - after i kill 5-8 units of enemy he's "willing to negotiate" but when asked what is the price for peace keeps refusing me (i don't have any techs or gold to offer in trade), and it doesn't matter that i already killed like 50 of their units ... Something needs to be fixed here i think.

I can confirm your experiences. I always hoped that the promotions my elite units have would be taken in the calculation. Meaning a strength 4 unit with +100% strength would be calculated as a strength 8 unit. That way the AI would be a little bit more careful when going to war maybe.
But after all, AI will use numbers, humans will use tactics.
My strategy is usually to have a number of frontline cities with 3 garrison troops in them. My stack of defense (which usually is my stack of offense, too) is stationed in between all possible attacking points and can be moved to all of them equally fast (arragend by their level of importance, though). That way, if a 30-stack comes - and my intuition tells me it will come - I normally manage to get at least 10 elite defenders there in time, and even if I lose 2-3 during the attack, the lack of a great (30 something) army on my side means the lack of great maintance for it, too, concluding that this hypothetical money is better invested in a higher science rate, leading to stronger defenders earlier on.
It's sometimes a risky strategy though, especially in the beginning of the game when you have no roads but only car paths and a barb civ spawn close to you... But even losing a small city for some turns (and the buildings in it) is not that bad - as, until then, you usually have the losses back in (5 garrison instead of 3 means -2 :gold:/turn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom