A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah cool consensus^^ - and thx for the other infos, os79!

I set up a thread in this forum with a poll. Please go there and discuss this subject of limiting missionaries. We don't want to clutter this thread up :).

Are Siege Quinquireme units supposed to be able to bombard city defences against crossbow units?

Also, the pass through tracking with xupt seems to be broken.

Hi,
I have a problem with the "claim territory" fuction of fixed borders.

The Problem:
I can't seem to claim territory because there is no button, no nothing. The context menu for the tie also shows no such options.

How do I claim territory?

It seems to work fine for other civs, as they have claimed territory on land and sea multiple times.

I'm using:
BtS 3.19
RoM:AnD 1.74 E
BULL 1.1 [Build 164]
RoM 2.92
RevDCM 2.80 pre-release
Better BtS AI 1.01b
Unofficial 3.19 patch 1.50+
(at least thats what I get in the mouse-over at the empire-flag)

can anyone point me in the right direction?
(I'd take a keyboard shortcut... ;) )

br,
Steel

Hi,
I have a problem with the "claim territory" fuction of fixed borders.

The Problem:
I can't seem to claim territory because there is no button, no nothing. The context menu for the tie also shows no such options.

How do I claim territory?

It seems to work fine for other civs, as they have claimed territory on land and sea multiple times.

Steelshark

Did you noticed that fixed borders need right civics to work. Look pedia AND consepts, there is list of civics that gives you fixed borders.

Yes I noticed that. I get an Info in the diplomacy mouse-over that other civs have fixed borders.

Also I'm mostly running republic and senate, which should give me fixed borders.

The thing is: I noticed that during 1 turn 2 of my vassals claimed territory of the last city of an enemy civ, where my units are also nearby.
One was in a jungle-square, and another in a coastal square. Being in a similar position as my vassals, i wondered why i can't claim territory.

Is there perhaps any known issue with fixed borders with the versions of RoM and AnD I am using?

br,
Steel

edit (update):
I have found the "problem".
I did indeed NOT have a civic active that caused me to have fixed borders. I was going through the civics again and noticed that in the description none of my active civics had "Causes your civilization to have fixed borders!".

However: I was under the impression that the "Republic" civic would give me fixed borders, since the Civilopedia said so.
Either the Civilopedia has not been updated, or the "Republic" civi is not fuctioning properly (is missing some entry in the code to generate fixed borders)

I'm also running A New Dawn 1.74 E (clean install, no other modmods, etc.) and I'm having a weird problem with fixed borders as well: I killed off the French civilization some 15-20 turns ago, yet some of their territory remains and I'm not even able to claim it. (I can however claim neutral tiles.)

The ownership numbers for those tiles vary wildly, some saying 0% French, other >15000% French, and they are not even consistent from turn to turn. I tried letting one of my swordsmen fortified on one of those tiles for at least 15 turns, and on that one the French % slowly went down from 4000 to 2000. But even if it works in the end and I can claim the tile, I don't think recovering a tile from a dead civ should take 30+ turns per tile and force a military unit to remain there :p. So I assume its a bug. Tiles from a dead civ should presumably revert to neutral.

Any quick fix/cheat I can apply in the meanwhile? (Those blocked off tiles hold some nice resources, and I its really killing my motivation to continue this game.) And is Afforess known to fix this kind of bug quickly with a mini-patch?

Edit: weirdness I forgot to mention, the "gift unit" button appears when I'm on the dead French civ territory. I haven't tested out of fear of messing things up even further, but I wonder what'll happen if I gift a unit to them. Will they resurrect :p ?

Attachments

• AD-0675.CivBeyondSwordSave
    859.4 KB · Views: 80
  • A New Dawn.log.txt
    322 bytes · Views: 103
Also, the pass through tracking with xupt seems to be broken.

Yep, I have the same issue. The unit will try to walk through but be unable to, and I'll have to manually guide it around the block.

@NBA Fan, I did not say it was a problem. It does make some sense. I was just wondering if it was intended, or if there is some other mechanism in play.

I think the xUPT is broken for MP as well. Kept getting consistent OOS when barbs formed and started walkin around when it was set to 3upt. After it was changed back to unlimited all OOS went away.

Don't worry about the date. It is impossible too match it with the tech tree.

And yet this is exactly the problem; A New Dawn 1.73 and earlier WERE able to match tech with the tech tree. And it's not just a difference of "hurrdurr, Christianity is founded in 100 BC" or "hurrdurr I launched my spaceship in 1996 AD", it's more like "HURRDURR I founded Christianity in 1000 BC" or "HURRDURR I launched my spaceship in 1740 AD"

But like I said, it's a lot better in Snail mode. Marathon mode applies to what I said. Even then, it's a bit disjointed in terms of progression---the game is already peaking in terms of global communication and interaction at 1000 BC. Thankfully, at 500 BC, we aren't about to reach the Medieval era, though I could definitely see it coming in less than 1000 years

And yet this is exactly the problem; A New Dawn 1.73 and earlier WERE able to match tech with the tech tree. And it's not just a difference of "hurrdurr, Christianity is founded in 100 BC" or "hurrdurr I launched my spaceship in 1996 AD", it's more like "HURRDURR I founded Christianity in 1000 BC" or "HURRDURR I launched my spaceship in 1740 AD"

But like I said, it's a lot better in Snail mode. Marathon mode applies to what I said. Even then, it's a bit disjointed in terms of progression---the game is already peaking in terms of global communication and interaction at 1000 BC. Thankfully, at 500 BC, we aren't about to reach the Medieval era, though I could definitely see it coming in less than 1000 years

So? You want what? You want Afforess to do Date adapting again? Is that it?

OK. If that is so, then please answer the next question: Suppose Afforess tell you, "No. I'm satisfied with it as is. You can tweak the dates yourself in XML if you so desire"? Will you leave it alone? Just ask for details on how to do XML modding yourself and never talk about this topic ever again?

Or will you continue to discuss this and :deadhorse: :aargh:?

So? You want what? You want Afforess to do Date adapting again? Is that it?

OK. If that is so, then please answer the next question: Suppose Afforess tell you, "No. I'm satisfied with it as is. You can tweak the dates yourself in XML if you so desire"? Will you leave it alone? Just ask for details on how to do XML modding yourself and never talk about this topic ever again?

Or will you continue to discuss this and :deadhorse: :aargh:?

You don't like me being annoying?

I would indeed stop if I were told exactly what to alter and how

You don't like me being annoying?

I would indeed stop if I were told exactly what to alter and how

Your decision :). It is in this place, Rise of Mankind/Assets/XML/GameInfo/Civ4GameSpeedInfos.xml. When you mod it, be sure to back the unmodded file first. After that, we aren't responsible for any meltdown of your PC :smug:.

Your decision :). It is in this place, Rise of Mankind/Assets/XML/GameInfo/Civ4GameSpeedInfos.xml. When you mod it, be sure to back the unmodded file first. After that, we aren't responsible for any meltdown of your PC :smug:.

What would I need to change in it? And if I remove a certain portion from one era, would I need to add the removed portion to the other?

As in, if the speed in the Classical era is 100, and I remove 10, do I need to add 10 to another era or else have the game crash or lose some turns?

What would I need to change in it? And if I remove a certain portion from one era, would I need to add the removed portion to the other?

As in, if the speed in the Classical era is 100, and I remove 10, do I need to add 10 to another era or else have the game crash or lose some turns?

As I said before, back up the original file, then experiment yourself.

There are two lines under the area for counting turns.
The first line is how many months a turn include.
The next line is how many turns with that specific month(s)/turn.

More than that, you need to use all your mathematical skills and have trial and error yourself :).

My personal advice is just accept what Afforess give you and play the game without worrying overmuch about dates :shrug:.

As I said before, back up the original file, then experiment yourself.

There are two lines under the area for counting turns.
The first line is how many months a turn include.
The next line is how many turns with that specific month(s)/turn.

More than that, you need to use all your mathematical skills and have trial and error yourself :).

My personal advice is just accept what Afforess give you and play the game without worrying overmuch about dates :shrug:.

I don't understand what you mean in the bolded section

I don't understand what you mean in the bolded section

Code:
				<GameTurnInfo>
					<iMonthIncrement>72</iMonthIncrement>
					<iTurnsPerIncrement>300</iTurnsPerIncrement>
				</GameTurnInfo>

For 300 turns, you have 72 months per turn. In other words, 6 years per turn for 300 turns. Understand now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom