A quick guide to the Mongols.

Was that the game where I started off on an island, or the game where I took the bulk of your cities, but the captured AI capitals kept you alive?

In the games we played, you never won or took any of my cities. And where you started off in a island, you had seven cities or the confucius school (maybe this one)

The first game I played as India, and started off on an island. You got a Galley from a Barb hut, and brought your Horseman army to take my capital, after my warriors (2.5 strength) lost to your scout (1 strength). You scout then took the artifact (Confucius School) on my island.

The second game, you were Rome and I was Spain. We both expanded early, you through conquering China and France, while me through early expansion. I then took out Japan, Japan's other city and 2 of your cities. After I took your cities I was behind in tech and your cannons beat my defenders.

The first game I played as India, and started off on an island. You got a Galley from a Barb hut, and brought your Horseman army to take my capital, after my warriors (2.5 strength) lost to your scout (1 strength). You scout then took the artifact (Confucius School) on my island.

The second game, you were Rome and I was Spain. We both expanded early, you through conquering China and France, while me through early expansion. I then took out Japan, Japan's other city and 2 of your cities. After I took your cities I was behind in tech and your cannons beat my defenders.

I remember that now. However, you got kyoto then, but who said I have to win without losing cities? I won with not many problems and I had a lot of cities. However, in the first game, I think I didn't get the galley but I built it, and I attacked you many turns later, and you had 4 population with no defence or new cities.

I'm finally able to win using Mongols on deity. Using masterpoker's guide on gamespot forum he recommends getting 29+ beakers, then you can tech skip to feudalism i.e. you do not need to research monarchy - you just need HBR. (The strategy involves a combo of irrigation bonus (+1 pop) and literacy bonus (+1 science) to get to the 29+ beakers). Once I get feudalism I go all out gold and take out two capitals; After taking two capitals I switch to beakers and democracy till I get factory, iron mine and riflemen. Then I go all out gold and go for economic victory.

The thing is the strategy is way easier if you have great scientist. Once you are producing 29+ beakers from barb huts you could use the great scientist to complete feudalism straight away.

I've been trying find a way to get great scientist as my first GP but usually its a great builder or great artist.

Top Bottom