A quick question...

Crazy Dinosaur

Chieftain
What exactly is the point of rejecting founding fathers? It seems to me that you'd want all you can get...

I believe the answer is that you spend your political points when you recruit a FF. If that particular FF gives you no benefit, then why spend the points on them? For example, if you are offered a FF that increases your cross prodcution but you never intend on building any churches, then why spend the points on them when you can save them up for a FF that is more beneficial for you?

What exactly is the point of rejecting founding fathers? It seems to me that you'd want all you can get...
To get them you need to spend hammers and bells.

Bells are poison that kill your colony, that you only generate because you must reach 50% sentiment. Hammers are valuable and should be put towards minimizing the number of turns you need to produce bells to reach the independance threshold (Newspapers), generating more Muskets (Magazine), and building Cannon. It seems to me that you'd want as few founding fathers as you can get.

It seems to me that you'd want as few founding fathers as you can get.

I disagree, in my present game it is 1700 and I have 33 Founding Fathers. They have given me:
Cheaper prices for units bought in Europe
Faster travel for my trading ships, scouts, dragoons and wagon trains
Free Indentured Servants/Missionaries/Elder Statesmen
More Native Converts
Better Relations with the Natives
More Crosses (so more immigrants)
More Liberty Bells (so more FF)
Free Promotions for my Military
Increased Production
Faster Education

All those benefits make the final WOI a walkover.

Welcome to the Forums Crazy Dinosaur. :beer:

I disagree, in my present game it is 1700 and I have 33 Founding Fathers. They have given me:
Cheaper prices for units bought in Europe
Faster travel for my trading ships, scouts, dragoons and wagon trains
Free Indentured Servants/Missionaries/Elder Statesmen
More Native Converts
Better Relations with the Natives
More Crosses (so more immigrants)
More Liberty Bells (so more FF)
Free Promotions for my Military
Increased Production
Faster Education

All those benefits make the final WOI a walkover.

If you are happy to eliminate your rivals then it is possible.

If you are happy to eliminate your rivals then it is possible.

That is the easy way of course, but the other nations are not very efficient at managing their FF points and you can usually beat them to the ones you want anyway. I have found that if I skip some of the early FF that aren't too important (eg Ponce de Leon, Hernan Cortez, de Quesada, John Rolfe, William Brewster etc) the AI will waste their points on them - and stay behind me. There are over 50 FF in the game but some are not worth having.

Top Bottom