A Short History of Arabia

Midnight-Blue766

The filidh that cam frae Skye
I've decided to make a story about the Arabs for the mod Fictionalization IV. Although I made previous stories about Arabia in this mod before, I realized that they were so full of Purple Prose that I could never really complete them. Thus, I decided to follow DaanO's example and just summarize what happened.
Settings
Leader/Civ: Har(o)un al-Ras(c)hid (Phi/Cre) of Arabia
Map Type: Earth3
Map Size: Huge
Climate: Arid
Sea Level: Medium

Thus, without further adue, I present:

A Short History of Arabia

The history of the Arabs to BCE has been dubbed by historians and archaeologists around the world as the Meccanid period, for although Arabia was not unified at this point, Mecca was the most powerful city state.

The Arabs at this time were primarily nomadic Bedouins, who inhabited the Great Desert to the south. The Meccanids were descendants of those Bedouins who moved northwards not too long after the end of the last Ice Age and settled upon the mighty Euphrates River, and developed Agriculture circa 4000 BCE.

It was during this period that the great city states of Medina and Damascus appeared. These major city states were eventually integrated into the Caliphate in .

It was during the Meccanid period was the most important period of Arabic history: it was during this time that many early advances: pottery, writing, archery, etc. were developed. However, this early history came to an end with the invention of the Alphabet.

The known world in 965 BCE:

* Note that geography in this world is very different than in our world: the river I have dubbed the Euphrates actually starts somewhere in the Hindu-Kush Mountains, flows northward through Central Asia into Russia, before flowing south into the Mediterranean.
----
About the prose: I know it's sort of beige, but I hope to improve it as time goes on.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0572.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0572.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 216
Better beige than purple.

But seriously, this is a good start. You'll write better when later the game gives you more to talk about.

Top Bottom