A simple guide to compiling the DLL

-'C:\Users\eusebio\OneDrive\Ã?rea' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
Doesn't look like (quite) the same error as before:
"NMAKE : fatal error U1052: file 'Debug' not found".
Anyway, if I put an accented "Á" in my TOOLKIT path, I also get the "not recognized" error, so this could indeed be the problem. Don't know if the makefile could be changed somehow to solve this properly. Having an accent in the path to the project files (CvGameCoreDLL) seems to be OK.

Doesn't look like (quite) the same error as before:Anyway, if I put an accented "Á" in my TOOLKIT path, I also get the "not recognized" error, so this could indeed be the problem. Don't know if the makefile could be changed somehow to solve this properly. Having an accent in the path to the project files (CvGameCoreDLL) seems to be OK.

It really looks like the problem was the accented "A". I changed the location of those files in a way the Makefile didn't need to add my desktop in it's path, and finally everything seems to have worked here. The DLL was finally produced, so I think that from this point forward, it's all about changing the code in the C++ files, rebuilding it using the same method and checking if it worked. Thanks a lot for all the help given here!!!
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

The DLL was finally produced, so I think that from this point forward, it's all about changing the code in the C++ files, rebuilding it using the same method and checking if it worked.
Great. :thumbsup: Yes, should now just be a matter of editing code within Visual Studio and hitting F7 to compile. The DLL should then get copied to your mod's Assets folder (through the YOURMOD variable in the Makefile).

'C:\Users\eusebio\OneDrive\Ã?rea'
/I"C:\Users\eusebio\OneDrive\Área de Trabalho\Artes\CivilizationModding\DependenciesForBuilding\WindowsSDK/Include"
Usually a cut off path like this happens at spaces due to missing ". However here it cuts off even though the " is set correctly so yeah the only real explanation is the encoding issue. Nice to know that encoding issues can present themselves like missing " issues. I didn't know that.

Also nice to see you got it working :goodjob:

Top Bottom