A study of espionage mission

Aggie said:
Oystein, what do you mean with 'techs - no of opponents techs' and 'techrate' in your article?
techs - how many techs the opponent have
techrate - factor based on world size, found in the editor

Its 80% chance of succeeding if not getting caught so:

If you expose a spy, you could succeed and be caught at the same time.

But in effect, assuming the rival has deadsure a spy planted, does this mean I could succesfully expose a spy at 80%-chance, no matter how much gold I spent (immediate/careful/safe)?

umm no.

The "chance of getting away" should be "chance of exposing". And if exposed there is still a chance of getting caught (90%).

I have to check this better when I get time, but I think I wait till after my exams.

This is very great and usefull work!
Obs:
Oystein said:
(...)where there is a choice of risk, multiply 3/2 for carefully and 2 for(...)

REAL Nice

couple other modding questions

1. similar to the effect of the 'conscript' and 'elite' spy, what about the effect of using diplomats to do propaganda (as well as the modifications for different levels of diplomat)

2. are Improvements that are 'resistant to propaganda' cumulative?

and a non modding Q

Are citizens of your own nationality more susceptible to propaganda?

Krikkitone said:
1. similar to the effect of the 'conscript' and 'elite' spy, what about the effect of using diplomats to do propaganda (as well as the modifications for different levels of diplomat)
Seems like the effect of spy level/embassy are:
Conscript -30
Regular/Embassy 0
Veteran 10
Elite 25

I was surprised of how good the emassy worked.

Krikkitone said:
2. are Improvements that are 'resistant to propaganda' cumulative?
No

Krikkitone said:
Are citizens of your own nationality more susceptible to propaganda?
Maybe. At least if they also are resisting. I will try to figure out exactly why it was easier to flip the newly captured city. (The difference was 20%)

Oystein said:
Seems like the effect of spy level/embassy are:
Conscript -30
Regular/Embassy 0
Veteran 10
Elite 25

I was surprised of how good the emassy worked.

Yeah, an embassy is -20 for the other missions

Do the experience levels have the same effect for all missions? (since Veteran seems to)

Also do they have the same effect whether it is a Veteran Spy or a Veteran Embassy? (ie are they both 10% than a Regular Spy or Regular Embassy)

Because if that is true, then the Mission successes would be:

Embasy/Investigate:
Success % = 100

Plant Spy:
Success %=50 + Experience if Not Flagged
( I wonder if this can Be a 'Diplomat' Mission in the Editor (or if establishing an embassy could be a 'Spy' mission))

Steal/Sabotage/Expose:
Avoiding Capture %=40 + 20 if Spy + Experience + Caution
Success%= 80% If Capture Avoided

Propaganda:
Success % (per citizen)=Experience + government + culture - 5 * units - improvement - capital + nationality or resistance

I think your guess is right.

I have tested success chance of an elite embassy

Spy planting had a chance of 75%
Tech, map and plan stealing and sabotage had a chance of 65%

Both fits your formula.

And for the propagande. There is no difference between resisting/normal citizen. It is the natiolality.

Hi,
We are pretty much doing a case study in propaganda in the SG Mic8 - The Gnomes of Zurich

feel free to stop by to give us some pointers or check out our progress as confirmation of your research. we are going for domination but will rely on flips initiated by propaganda instead of military. Microbe just flipped 2 towns during his last turnset :)

3 turns? That gives you a chance of about 70% to plant a spy if you try in every turn. Of course, you have to succeed on sabotageing too, but if the first attempt fail, you could try to plant a spy again in the same turn since faild sabotage misson dont trigger the flag.

A propaganda attempt might save you a little time. Even if the chance for a flip is practical 0, you can confuse some people delaying the UN. But the opponent dont need that many units in garnison to prevent any effect.

You can only plant spies with regular and veteran spy in an unmodded game.

It is possible make a mod where some government have conscript or elite spies. It is also possible to add "plant spy" as an embassy option.

"Failed" flag have 33% chanse to disappear every turn, so I think 3 turns are enourg. Also, gift 100 gold to AI before you will plant spy, it will help with attitude, and he maybe will not declare war on you. You should do it just once per game, and don't gift more then 100g, it will do the same effect.

Top Bottom