A Test of Strength: Winning the Civ 4 Demo

Bobbtjoe

Emperor
Spoiler :

Years ago, before Civilization IV was released, Firaxis Games released a "demo" for the game so that people could better see if they wanted to purchase the full game. You could download it here if you use a Mac and here if you use a PC. This demo featured a 100 turn turtorial and a 100 turn demo in which you can play as the Romans, the Greeks, the Incans, or the Indians. I, playing as Greece, will atempt to beat the game in the allowed time. This is no small feat, in as little as 100 turns, I must assemble an army, declare war on 3 different civs, and take over all of their cities. As an added bonus, I will also try to found a religion. So let's get started! :whipped:

Spoiler :

As you can see, there are only four playable civilizations. We select Greece (Philosophical, Aggressive) and hit okay.

Spoiler :

Our difficulty is settler (pretty much the only difficulty where achieving this goal is possible).

Spoiler :

Our starting location. Anyone who has played this demo before knows the drill.

Spoiler :

After settling Athens, we tech archery and start building a barracks.

Spoiler :

A goody hut was fortunate enough to give us Animal Husbandry. A horse resorce was in Athens' fat cross.

Spoiler :

The Romans, also know as Greece's first victim.

Spoiler :

We took a small break from building a baracks to build a worker.

I must subscribe to this.

Spoiler :

Horesbackriding was discovered. We start constructing an endless horde of horse archers.

Spoiler :

The city of Rome.

Spoiler :

Soon, sailing was discovered.

Spoiler :

The first of many horse archers. We also came in contact with the Indians.

Spoiler :

Bronze working was discovered, too.

Top Bottom