Able to add these things?

biship

Warlord
Hi Thalassicus, are these things able to be added?

Add BARBARIAN_MAX_XP_VALUE to options.sql (so we can set it to 30/60/-1)?

Is it not possible to have the mods check for the presence of CSD so we don't have to set it in options.sql?

On that note, is it possibly to add enable/disable flags to some of the mods you have included? MapPins/Trade Opportunities/etc?

Also any reason citylimits.lua is present but commented out? I have to keep un-commenting the code every update.

Again, thanks for the great mods :)

Sure, I moved the barbarian setting to the options file. Thanks for pointing out the citylimits thing too. I think I disabled it while doing some testing, and forgot to re-enable it. :thumbsup:

If mod A loads before mods B and C, the later ones do not exist yet when mod A loads, which is why the old system used those on/off flags. However, in G&K we can set up references to ensure CSD always loads before GEM. I'll see what I can do.

If you prefer to not use one of the interface mods like the Trade screen, you can just skip using it. They don't affect gameplay. Out of curiosity, why don't you want to use the Trade screen?

Cool, thanks!

No real reason other than if I find that the original mod author updates the mod and I didn't want to wait for you to update your copy, I would just disable yours.

I include mods in Civup when it's necessary to make them compatible with other parts of project, so they might not work as standalone mods. I also enhanced some mods. The trade screen is both - it's gotta be in Civup for compatibility, and I altered it to present information in more visually appealing and useful ways. On the other hand, map pins is basically a standalone mod I included just because people asked me to. You can disable that by simply putting an _ underscore in front of the folder name in Civup/3_Interface_Branches/1_Mods/MapPins :)

Thanks for adding the Barb hp & citylimits into the latest release. :)
Hopefully getting CSD is easy!

Top Bottom