About Soundtrack

koma13

King
I made a first attempt for a soundtrack for Mare Nostrum. It's included in the Mare Nostrum Beta 002 download. Most of the music is taken from Europa Barbarorum (a mod for Rome: Total War: http://www.europabarbarorum.com/index.html). Many thanks for this go out to cybrxkhan. He also provided some additional tracks.

Right now soundtrack contains only 1 1/2 hour of music. I want to expand that to ~ 3 hours. If you have any music you want to see in, feel free to post it and I'll add it to Mare Nostrum.

Issues:

- diplomacy music is just a place holder
- there is at least one track that suddenly cuts out (instead of fading out). I will correct that in next update

If you are in need of diplomacy music, I may also be able to help there. Since I was CivGold's unofficial music man, I have a lot of already prepared diplomusic files that can be used for leaders of any culture and ethnicity.

If you are in need of diplomacy music, I may also be able to help there.

Thank you for offering help again. If you can provide civ specific/themed music that would be great. I also noticed that the one music pack you sent me (not the EB one) only contains music beginning with the letter A-B (ancient..., atlantis..., back.mp3). I would be interested in C-Z. :D

I believe that was just an odd coincidence. :D

Anyhow, as for the diplomusic, just tell me what civs/leaders there are, and I'll find something that could work.

I believe that was just an odd coincidence.

When logic fails...
Well, it is most important (imho) that tracks are not too much battle focused (a lot of so called ancient sound tracks are). Mare Nostrum won't be about warfare, AI can't handle it. And at least to me it seems to be pathetic listening to some epic battle theme and the only thing happening on map is a pionieer building a stable for sheeps. :)

True :D; I'll try to see if I can pull out any more, er, "peaceful" tracks from my collection.

If you want me to find some diplomusic, I'd also need to know all the different civilizations and leaders that will be in.

True ; I'll try to see if I can pull out any more, er, "peaceful" tracks from my collection.
That seems to be more harder than expected. I tried to find some "authentic" ancient music, but most tracks I stumbled upon sounded like made for a Cthulhu movie. :D

If you want me to find some diplomusic, I'd also need to know all the different civilizations and leaders that will be in.

Right now these civs are included in Mare Nostrum:

Dorian Civ - LH: Dorian King, Lycurgus, Periander
Ionian Civ - LH: Ionian Tyrant, Solon, Viriato
Punic Civ - LH: Phoenician King, Hannibal, Dido
Roman Civ - LH: Roman Senator, Lucius Macedonius, Scipio Africanus
Trojan Civ - LH: Trojan King, Hector, Aeneas

I can tell you "Viriato" was never a leader of the Ionians.

The main colonies of Ionians were Miletus and Ephesus. The starting city was Athens.

Famous people were Thales of Miletus, and Heracletus of Ephesus. But why not Peri from Civ4, after all he was Ionian.

The main colonies of Ionians were Miletus and Ephesus. The starting city was Athens.

Famous people were Thales of Miletus, and Heracletus of Ephesus. But why not Peri from Civ4, after all he was Ionian.

We don't care about authenticity. :D

thanks those are easy text changes.

We don't care about authenticity. :D

:lol: of course this true too! :lol:

Top Bottom