• In anticipation of the possible announcement of Civilization 7, we have decided to already create the Civ7 forum. For more info please check the forum here .

abundance of strategic ressources?

Eomer

Chieftain
If its possible for me to aquire any strategic ressource, I never come to the point where a shortage changes my strategy. Units are so expensive to maintain, I normally never have a standing army larger than 6 in the early ages and up to 15 in the later ages. You don't need more anyways. (well that may be due to the bad AI)

This feature looks cool on the first look (planning wars due to aquiring of new ressources, or trading monopoles for good money), but it never comes into play.

If its possible for me to aquire any strategic ressource, I never come to the point where a shortage changes my strategy.

I guess you imply that making war is manadatory to obtain a missing strategic resource.....because often it happens that iron and horse are present in abudance but uranium and alluminium usually are so rare you can't even know if they are into the game or not..... and performing a graphic research tile by tile it's dramatically tedious.....above all if satellites do not lead to discover the whole map.... what does Shafer think satellites are used for ? Washing clothes ? Help navigators to spot Facebook sites ??????????? :rolleyes::rolleyes: Join Twitter forum ?????

I play with a mod that halves the amount of strategic resources each tile gives. IMO that makes that aspect of the game much more fun ^^

My first two games I had a load of horses, iron etc... but no aluminium (very frustrating late game) but the latest one I've only got 4 iron and a measly two horses :(

I'm hoping for some decent later game resources like oil, uranium etc... becaue I'll be a bit screwed without them.

My last game was a Pangaea type map with two "continents" that were connected by a 1-tile land bridge. I quickly expanded and took over the smaller of the two continents, but I never started grabbing the other one until the end of the game. My continent was entirely lacking in iron, aluminum, and uranium. It made the game quite interesting. Fortunately I was playing as England, so massed Longbowmen sufficed (especially guarding that land bridge) until I was able to hit the era of Riflemen. I also used lots of Horsemen early on to conquer my continent early on, then upgraded them to Knights at some point.

Top Bottom