Achievement Hacks

whoward69

DLL Minion
Originally written to grant the "Connoisseur - Rate a Mod" achievement that became unobtainable when the mod hub moved from GameSpy to Steam Workshop, it has since grown into something more powerful/evil - depending on your personal point of view.

AchievementHacks.zip - see the Readme.txt file for details.

Make of it what you want - you're only cheating yourself!

If you don't like this approach, you can always use the Achievement Saves

Oh. I feel so dirty just reading this thread. :blush:

O.K. Maybe I'm joking. :crazyeye:

I'm assuming those auto-unlock the achievemtsn?

Haha, as far as I care, if you find away to unlock an achievement, you earned it ;)

However, this might actually be illegal to post as it could be considered an illegal/cracked whatever the term file and could be against the rules on the forums.

All the required source code is published by Firaxis as part of the Civ 5 SDK - there is nothing "cracked" about it

:bowdown:

At last I can satisfy my need to have every achievement unlocked! Thanks immensely!

Achievements on Steam = Boring

The fun part of the game is having a challenge, why bother being pat on the back stealing all the Monopoly Money in the Monopoly Bank. An epic waste of time and with this an epic waste of a letter.

Exactly. I wish more people understood this about Civ 5. To me, proper cheating requires other people. Yet I see questions all the time about is this cheating or is that an exploit.

other people arent required as we have an internal observer :)

In that case, you're going to have to be much more specific than "How to trigger?"

be much more specific
Which variant of the game?
What did you copy where?
What did you edit and how?
How did you start the game?
What's in CustomMods.log?

"I did something and it doesn't work" is hardly being specific.

Hey whoward69, first of all thanks for creating this fix for the ODC people like myself who have to strive for 100% achievement completion! I am on a mac, any idea how to use the fix on a mac? Thank you

I found where the GlobalDefines.xml file was located! And replaced it with your modified version (with the Connoisseur achievement setting changed to true). I also found what I think are the DLL files. The problem is that on a mac, they are in a .dylib file. I'll try to upload those files to see if you or anyone might know how to modify these.

Mac path to the GlobalDefines.xml file:
/Users/[your_user_name_here]/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization V/Civilization V.app/Contents/Home/Assets/Gameplay/XML/GlobalDefines.xml

Mac path to the .dylib files:
/Users/[your_user_name_here]/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization V/Civilization V.app/Contents

There are 3 .dylib files which I think correspond with the core game, G&K expansion, and BNW expansion:
libCvGameCoreDLL_DLL.dylib
libCvGameCoreDLL_Expansion1_DLL.dylib
libCvGameCoreDLL_Expansion2_DLL.dylib

Link to the core .dylib file here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xqb2o4qv9xrsmjt/libCvGameCoreDLL_DLL.dylib?dl=0

Moderator Action: Moved to Creation & Customization

I followed all of the instructions in the readme, copied both of the base game files (didn't touch the files specifically for G&K or BNW, is that the problem? I have all the dlc/expansions installed)

Edited the GlobalDefines.XML using XML Notepad 2007, double checked the file in my folders prior to launching, value for connoisseur was set to true.

Launched an unmodded 1 player game, founded my capital, nothing.

Any help would be much appreciated, too many hours not to have 287/287

EDIT:

All of my game save files and other related data are on my one drive, but the game and the steam folders are all on my hard disk. Hasn't caused a problem using the game saves, but I thought it might be relevant. Using Windows 10. I can't find a file called CustomMods.Log could you give me the file path and I'll post what's in there please. I tried searching google for the file path for that file but it just comes up with this thread.

2nd EDIT:

Unistalled all of the expansions and dlc and tried again, worked instantly, thank you.

Amazing, worked flawlessly, thank you for this :) If only mods didn't disable achievements, I wouldn't want to use this tool. But seeing that over half of my uncompleted achievements were actually only missing because I was using mods (and who the hell isn't using them...), this was really helpful :)

By the way, this might help clarify the intructions:

1) if you have all the expansions, you only need to change the BNW part (I initially thought you would need to change all three folders).
2) You can set to "true" even the achievements that you already have (you don't HAVE to but you CAN – i.e. it does not break the process) :)

Top Bottom