Achievement - not changing governments

Apolex

Chieftain
Does anyone know if you have to have Depostism the whole game to get the achievement of winning without changing governments? I thought this would be an easy one to get with the Greeks or Arabs, since they start out with Democracy and Fundamentalism, respectively.

So I played a whole game with the Arabs, never changing from fundamentalism. I won in 800 AD with a Domination victory, but didn't get the achievement. What, do you have to do despotism instead? Anyone know?? It gave me the pre-1000 AD achievement, but not the government one. :mad:

I played the game with Alexander and didn't change governments, and no achievement unlocked for me. I think you need to use Despotism.

I got it playing with the English on Beta centauri if you don't swap govs you should get it .

i have the same problem with the greeks, stayed democracy whole game, got nothing. i haven't tried with despotism yet.

Actually all civs start with despotism but the game switches the government with civs like greece after you build ur first city. Check it out..

Ahh... that's it Qpla, that explains it. So there's no way to get that achievement with Greece or the Arabs.

that doesn't explain why shogun managed to get it with the english - they're in the same circumstance as arabs, greeks and romans.

I managed it a couple of days ago on Emperor in a normal game, I didn't start out with the intent of going for it but I got to the modern era, realized I hadn't changed Govs and was doing well so I thought I go for it.

For the achievement, you have to pick a civ that doesn't receive a government bonus, and keep the government in despotism. It can be in any mode, any number of cities, ect. but you can not change from despotism, or have the computer do it. So I'd avoid;
Saladin, Alex,Greece, ect.

If you gain a gov tech later in the game by capture or earning, just make sure you select no gov change.

At first, I played as Greeks without changing governments thinking I'd unlock it, but after I didn't unlock it I noticed that the achievement is called "Absolute power is kind of neat." Obviously this refers to Despotism. To unlock it, you can't use any governments besides Despotism. Just try for domination as early as possible and don't ever worry about switching governments. Probably easiest with the Aztecs, Germans, Zulu, and Mongols.

i just got this achievement yesterday. like bonafide said, try to win as early as possible (domination.) I wasn't actually trying to get this one, i was trying to get the achievement for winning before 1000 AD. I ended up winning around 1200, but had gotten this one instead. I used the Aztecs and OpticalDelusion's strategy in this thread:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=289731

Top Bottom