Adding a new XML file

TC01

Deity
So I recently attempted to add a "CIV4CivilizationClassInfos.xml" file to the game. This is a new file I created in Assets\XML\Civilizations. It should be the second to last Civilizations file to be loaded (right before CivilizationInfos.xml itself).

Everything appeared to be okay: the DLL built properly. However, when I actually attempt to run the game, it loads XML right up until it gets to the first XML file in Civilizations, CIV4TraitInfos.xml, and then crashes ("LoadXML call failed for Civilizations/CIV4TraitInfos.xml).

So I have two questions... one, could someone who's done it before outline the process for adding a new XML file to the game? I thought I had done it successfully but it's entirely possible I missed something.

And two, is it possible this isn't a DLL issue at all but an issue with my schema file (see attached)? I think it's all correct, but I'm not sure what in the DLL would cause the first XML file in Civilizations to fail to load, so... any ideas?

Attachments

• CIV4CivilizationsSchema.zip
    3 KB · Views: 39
It's probably a schema issue.

First, I see you've modified the definition of the FavoriteCivic element - just make sure you've updated its usage in leader heads XML.

Second, I don't know if schema file parsing must be sequential, but the definition for CivicType comes after you first use it. Try moving it upwards in the file.

Top Bottom