1. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Main site is finally re-opened! We migrated it to a new CMS and gave it a new layout as well.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Downloads database has been migrated and re-opened! Check it out and post in Site Feedback if any issue. We have done URL re-write so that old links will continue to work.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. A new Civ6 theme forum style is now available and it's made the default forum style! Check it out and comment here.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We have successfully migrated the forum from vBulletin to Xenforo! Please take a look around and report any issue you see in Site Feedback.
    Dismiss Notice

Adding new Unit - Problems

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by Houman, Aug 2, 2003.

1. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

Jan 24, 2002
    Hi All,

First of All I have already read all of the "How to" Threads. But I see all the time a knight instead of the Cataphract unit. I am trying since 3 hours...

The Cataphract is here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22289&perpage=20&display=&pagenumber=11

CIV3 : PTW 1.21f

I have added a directory called \CIV3PTW\Scenarios\TETurkhan\Art\Units\Cataphract

There is the INI file which is also named Cataphract.ini

In the \CIV3PTW\Scenarios\TETurkhan\Text\PediaIcons.txt

I have added the lines

I have added with the Editor a new Unit which is also named exactly 'Cataphract', with the small Knight Icon and different values.

In the game the Unit has the values as I have set before as a Cataphract, but it looks like a Knight. It can not load the Animation, why?? ( I load the Scenario of Tethurkan)

Thank you
  2. Colonel Kraken

Colonel Kraken Chieftain

Dec 27, 2001
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Hi Houman,

I know these things can be frustrating. It sounds like you forgot to change the entry under "Civilopedia Entry" in the editor. It sounds like you currently have "PRTO_Knight" instead of "PRTO_Cataphract".

So, you would have a new unit with different stats, but it would pull the old Knight animation instead of the new Cataphract animation.

Hope this helps. :)

EDIT: Oops, I didn't realize you had another thread with the same exact question, but I'm glad my answer was correct. :)