Additional Civilizations (by DJSHenninger)

I thought with Azerbaijan, Georgia and Armenia you were going to start going down the route of former Soviet republics. You've got a few of the old satellite states, it would be really really awesome to see something like a Belorussian or Kazakh mod?

I'm not sure if I can make a civ out of those. If you're referring to the modern countries, it's probably gonna be a guy in a suit. A bit too modern for me. If I'm going further back in the past you can't really speak of Kazakhstan or Belarus anymore. Perhaps a historic Kazakh mod will do.

I think that Kazakhstan could work well anyway, though I'd be unsure on the name.

"Kazakh Khanate" would be the most appropriate name; or just Kazahk Empire and the short name being The Kazahks. Ablai Khan is probably the best leader. Now to find a good picture :D I'm also interested in the Sassanid Empire. That one may be next.

Hey DJSHenniger, I love your civilizations and am wondering if they have YnAEMP compatibility.

Progress on the Kazakhs!

Ablai Khan:
Spoiler :

Civilization Icon:
Spoiler :

Got some possible UB ideas:
- kïiz üy, which is basically a Yurt
- kumbez/sagana-tam, which is a mausoleum

UU ideas:
- Sheber ('master craftsman')
- tolu-bati/tolu-bahadur or Bogatyr: outstanding swordsmen who were repeatedly successful on the battlefield were awarded any of these titles.

That's pretty much all I can find :p Does anyone else have a good idea?

May I offer an alternative icon?
The bird&sun are fairly recent and represent pretty much just modern Kazakhstan, while on the other hand the Kazakh Khanate had it's own flag seen here.

This was the largest version of that icon I was able to find, I'd suggest that over the bird.

Couldn't find a larger version of that flag, but apparently you could :) I do think the modern icon is more stylish, though :p

I agree that it does look prettier, however the other one has 3 pros:
1. It will probably look better when it's scaled down
2. It's uniquer in my opinion
3. It's more accurate, historically.

It was my intention to use that icon but the flag was too small. But now you provided me with a larger one :) "Yurt" icon:

Spoiler :

Not even sure if that's gonna be the UB, but I made one anyway :p

EDIT: updated civ icon:

Spoiler :

Can I suggest an alternate colour scheme? Yellow and light blue has been used by about 5 civs now, haha.

That's kinda like a dull version of the current colour set in my opinion xD Might as well go for very different colours. But the current two colours are the only colours associated with Kazakhstan :/ All colours are a bit common now, actually. You do have a point, though :p But then I think they should be very different. This lime colour + something? Orange? lol:lol:

I'll concern myself with the colour scheme later :p I might as well choose your suggested colours as they match with the other icons nicely :)

I'm the sort of crazy person who likes to install all civs from someone when I install any from someone. And I am thinking of installing yours! :o
But I see that a lot of the civs you've done have also been done by others. Are the duplicate civs compatible with each other, sort of like JFD style alternate leaders? Or would I have to choose between, say, your Armenia and JFD's for example?

I'm the sort of crazy person who likes to install all civs from someone when I install any from someone. And I am thinking of installing yours! :o
But I see that a lot of the civs you've done have also been done by others. Are the duplicate civs compatible with each other, sort of like JFD style alternate leaders? Or would I have to choose between, say, your Armenia and JFD's for example?

I don't think they're compatible, as they will probably use the same civilization tag (for example CIVILIZATION_ARMENIA). That's not gonna end up well :p

I second Hiram's suggestion, it looks unique and it will be easier to tell it apart from the other Civs.

I will use that scheme, because those colours match the backgrounds of the other icons :)

Actually, JFD tags all of his civilizations with JFD in there somewhere. The question zone is city-state replacements.

Actually, JFD tags all of his civilizations with JFD in there somewhere. The question zone is city-state replacements.

Well, that's a good thing, because my civs only delete city states :D I suggest Hiram's mod for more names.

Anyways, here's the updated civ icon:

Spoiler :

Looks great so far, can't wait to see the result :thumbsup:
Are you going to use Kazakhstan's city list?

Thanks. I will first try find some cities that were historically important. I've seen a couple of city names here and there. But I might eventually revert to Kazakhstan's list afterwards.

Batir icon:

Spoiler :

Now just the map image + DOM and I can start coding :)

Top Bottom