Adler 001 - Where Eagles Dare- AoI II style

I am sure he is not using the same files we are. Hard to get an SG going when no one can load the save.

BTW I finally noticed that the sav says it is the s1.1 version. It says Conquests\AoI II s 1.1.biq to be exact.

The simplest thing to do, strange as it is, would be for Adler17 to delete his scenario and download it from here. At that point everyone should be on the same page. Then replay.

CharcoalDioxide one of the files has two BIQ. One is H 1.1 and the other is S 1.1. The H is for larger maps (huge). We should not need the BIQ, unless we want to start a new game. I was only looking at them to see, if they matched the pediacons we have and they do.

That is why we can start a new game with no problem. It would seem that the save was created using a different BIQ than ours.

You can load the save with CAII as it is not checking, same as you can load lower level patched games, but not load them with the game. BTW there is a town going to riot.

M60A3TTS that or do as was talked about earlier. Create a new download with all the fixes in place. Then start over. Start over would not be needed, IF it was discovered what has changed from what is available and what is in the save. Then if the change is wanted packaged things to replace the d/l.

Damn! I think, I know the reason why! I didn't remember it until just this moment! I have installed it in Civilization III/Conquests/Conquests. I did so as I got the impression that the scenarios there are faster!
Shall I redo the game under the scenario folder?

Adler

I don't see how that would matter. In the end you would have to have a unique BIQ from the one in the d/l. If all files you use in the AoI II are the same as the ones in the d/l, we should be able to load the save.

Possible a modified Civ3Conquest.exe could account for it, but I would not think that would be the case. If it was merely a unique Pediacons.txt, we should be able to alter ours to work, but we do not seem to be able to do that.

Adler you arer correct, it is due to your having the AoI II in the conquest directory.

I laided down to sleep and it came to me that had to be it. I took a save from my last game that was also a scenario game. I uncompressed it, so I could read it in hex. I looked at your save and it said, as I listed earlier, Conquest\AoI II.....

The one from my save said, Scenario\........

So most likely, too late to test now, players could copy the stuff to their conquest folder and it would run fine. That is the way that solves the fact that the pediacons we have does in fact have the Stadium.

Tomorrow, I will zap the save with to point it to the Scenario folder and see, if it works for me. If it does and I think it will, I will post the corrected save. That would let players use it with no change and you can put in the scenario folder and all will be on the same page.

It is not in the folder the game is looking for it. I realized that they must have a means in the save to know where to look for pediacons and such and sure enough it is right in the the save at x'2A offset.

I found there were two places that had the Conquest in the save. I zapped both, but it did not matter. Still got the error.

Adler17, I copied in the AoI II folder to the Conquest folder and was able to load your save. So you just have to decide, if that is how you want everyone to go or do you want to move your stuff to the Scenario folder and start over.

Since the instructions say to put it in the Scenario folder, that would keep things less complicated. Good luck.

I can actually play now, turnlog comin... (1 problem thou, i have mac, so i cant run noraze... well, i guess ill just have to be extra careful...)
EDIT: :confused: It still doesnt work? Well i guess ill have to quit.

Kibitzers Comment:

CharcoalDioxide, the AoI II folder should be in the same directory as the Fall Of Rome and Fall of Rome, Mesopotamia.

helloooo! Is anyone there? Is this one over?

Top Bottom