ADOPT POLICY BUG!

Hotcliff

Chieftain
Gentlemen,
I have played Civ since the age of dawn but got a sudden lust to start playing again, so I bought Civ6 which I was not happy with. I ordered Civ5 wich I have enjoyed a lot recently. I have spend endless hours on Civ5, trying to master all aspects but so far NEVER managed to finish one single game!
The recurring problem is when I get to "Modern Era" and are given a free "Social Policy" and don't have any more social points to go through..The game does not allow me to continue without selecting another social policy. I have also tried to save up to 5 social policies to be prepared for what is coming, but it only asks me to select a new one and a new one..and I get soo bloody frustrated!
There must be a solution for this problem or? The game is un-playable now as I see it.
Best regards and hope to get some help..
'Hotcliff'
p.s Game version is Brave New World 1.03.279 d.s

Last edited:
Gentlemen,
I have played Civ since the age of dawn but got a sudden lust to start playing again, so I bought Civ6 which I was not happy with. I ordered Civ5 wich I have enjoyed a lot recently. I have spend endless hours on Civ5, trying to master all aspects but so far NEVER managed to finish one single game!
The recurring problem is when I get to "Modern Era" and are given a free "Social Policy" and don't have any more social points to go through..The game does not allow me to continue without selecting another social policy. I have also tried to save up to 5 social policies to be prepared for what is coming, but it only asks me to select a new one and a new one..and I get soo bloody frustrated!
There must be a solution for this problem or? The game is un-playable now as I see it.
Best regards and hope to get some help..
'Hotcliff'
p.s Game version is Brave New World 1.03.279 d.s
Sorry to break this to you, that has been a well-known bug for 9 years. Unfortunately, neither the developer/publisher or a third-party is willing to patch it.

Sorry to break this to you, that has been a well-known bug for 9 years. Unfortunately, neither the developer/publisher or a third-party is willing to patch it.
A well known bug for 9 years? I have played thousands of games, never heard of this, nor have I experienced it.

In an effort to give @Hotcliff some assistance, there must be some context to this bug, some specific circumstance, some settings-configuration in which this occurs. Can you describe that? (For both of us, actually.)

The OP probably is playing as Poland, since he received a free policy upon entering a new era. It actually has been known for a long time that free policies can't be saved even if you have enabled the Save Policies option in advanced setup. A consensus is lacking whether this is a bug or a feature. The attached save file illustrates this situation (but it requires three mods: Info Addict, Enlightenment Era and Really Advanced Setup). If the OP really has exhausted all policies, then no workaround is known to allow the game to continue.

Attachments

• Casimir III_0506 AD-1030_Test_Po.Civ5Save
    1.6 MB · Views: 195
Top Bottom