Votes: 5 33.3%
  • No, let's start from scrap

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Abstain

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters

Strider

In Retrospect
I have voted abstain. In the coming month, I will be introducing many discussions on various aspects of the game. One of these will be the fate of the RPG.

There are a few different ideas being tossed around about how we can introduce an RPG like flavor to parts of the main game. If these ideas gain enough support, it may render irrelevant the RPG as we know it.

So at this time, I am undecided until we have that discussion.

If you have a sincere interest to make the RPG work, please post here and prove me wrong. ;) However, if a new RPG forum degenerates into what happened in DG3, I don't think it would be a good idea to pursue it this time.

7 days and only 4 votes. This is sad :(

Originally posted by Fier Canadien
Personnaly, i'm willing to get in the RPG if someone has time enough to maintain a DG2 RPG structure.

I have the time... Just unluckily... not the partcipation... Seems like getting it going again is a lost case.

Thus Spake SaaMathustra
How about this: An RPG which is easy to maintain, does not require a massive banking system AND is fun as well?
Im talking of the type Cyc did in Gorina. City based RGPs. Put everything we would do in one massive city thread. Gives the Government Forum something else to do and gives us our RPG. For example, citing from DG2, the Huntington Captivity would have taken place in Huntington. The Dada Revolt, Penguinadua. The Trial of Disorganizer, Barvaria. We would enforce tech rules, sensibility rules and time constraints. And if stories were to jump from cities, you would have to link to the previous parts. Thoughts?

Stuck.... I think the main problem now is not getting what were going to do decided... It's getting the interest back into the game..

I've given up pretty much... it's a waste of space right now. Unless alot of people just start popping in...

The problem is the RPG's reputation. Last game we utterly destroyed the reputation with the 'Play along the timeline' theme. Everyone hated that, because there were a few people who controled all the land, like CG, Dis, and me to name a few (but that did portray some historical accuracy ;)). If we started with the original ruleset, and maybe if Shaitan was there, we would probably have had a better game.

I like the city-based idea that Stuck has mentioned, and think that that will be our best shot at having an RPG in DG4. However, it will depend on several mayors like Cyc to keep it afloat.

And Civanator, I wouldn't blame the timeline accuracy entirely. I think that most people lost interest when they found out that the character they had put so much care into developing had ended up on the obituary page after just 1-2 sets of turns. ;)

Originally posted by Civanator
Yes, that too. It was all of the changes that made it more realistic that killed it.

I agree. The realism of no sabers kind of did killed it :p.

Yup, I will be willing to spend alot of my time to get it resurrected, but I'm not going to waste my time if there isn't that much partcipation....

I will be willing to work on it if maybe DZ could post an announcement on the DG forums pointing out our efforts.. and possibly maybe even a main page post with a short description of the RPG etc. I think that would post the partcipation up enough to get it "running." Right now we have about 6 people posting... Not very many.

Actually, my plan is to bring this and the other RPG ideas up in the Citizens Forum, and to put all viable options to vote. It may turn out that we don't even end up with a separate RPG forum this time around.

Until we get that discussion going(or continue the one that was started by SaaM), I most likely won't advertise this idea. Heck, we aren't even ready to present DG4 yet. ;)

Top Bottom